Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technician III, New Product Development
Requisition ID: 1277180126
Technician III, New Product Development
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Cerenovus, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Technician III, New Product Development aligned to Biosense Webster located in Irwindale, CA.
Under close supervision, performs and documents moderately complex technical functions relating to test, quality control, lay out, fabrication, modification and assembly of mechanical or electrical equipment and/or components. Performs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, developmental or test technician duties in New Product Development engineering, where some judgement is required. Constructs, inspects, calibrates, adjusts, and tests equipment, components, devices and systems.
Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
• Utilizes a wide variety of developmental tests or diagnostic test equipment to develop new tooling for new product development. Check out, test, trouble shoot and maintain tools components, instruments, test apparatus and associated specific discipline equipment.
• May assist more senior technicians and engineers in specific discipline.
• Performs and documents moderately complex operational functional testing, troubleshooting and debugging of components, subassemblies, materials and systems to isolate faults and determine remedy for malfunctions.
• Writes moderately complex technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate systems/tests operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
• Troubleshoots electrical, test, mechanical, facilities or hydraulic systems, components, and equipment.
• May provide guidance to lower level technicians.
• Performs moderately complex process/product tests and audits for conformity to quality and/or regulatory requirements.
• Performs self inspections of own work.
• When applicable, follows standard operating procedures for all tasks.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area.
• Has completed all appropriate safety and environmental hazard training.
• Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance.
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent required
Experiences and Skills:
• Minimum 4 years of related experience required
• Experience in the medical device industry preferred
• Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principals required
• Process development, process characterization, or validation protocol experience preferred
• Ability to use sophisticated test and measurement equipment associated with specific discipline
• Reads and understands technical documentation associated with specific discipline
• Ability to use PC and associated software such as Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to read, write, communicate and understand English required
• Must be able to successfully complete company/department training courses in manufacturing techniques. Understanding of regulatory requirements (GMP) is required
• Ability to travel up to 10% required, domestic or international
Additional Position Requirements:
• Technician will work in primarily clean room or clean room “like” environment that requires special gowning apparel and procedures. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Noise level can be occasionally above 85db. International and domestic travel may be required. Employee may be required to lift 25 pounds.
• NPD Technician III may be responsible for directing Technicians I and II and confirming work is done as instructed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)