Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Marketing Manager
Requisition ID: 1271180905
Johnson& Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to be located in Milpitas, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Senior Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop strategic global marketing plans, execute their successful implementation by the regions to grow the long-term sales, profit and market share position for assigned products within the context of the overall Corporate Business Plan. Responsibilities of the Senior Marketing Manager include clear understanding of medical professionals trends in order to execute marketing strategies and plans to drive sustained growth. The incumbent works closely with direct supervisor and regional and country marketing groups, key opinion leaders, marketing agencies, third party partners, and internal functions (e.g., market research, R&D, medical affairs, etc.). Displays the ability to actively manage third party vendors effectively and on plan. This individual will also need to ensure budget resources are used appropriately an according to plan.
- Responsible for upstream/strategic global marketing for a specific SBU or line of products.
- Assist in the development of business case to justify the investment and manage the process to gain approval for new projects funding.
- Integrate customer knowledge and market data into the upstream marketing and business development when appropriate.
- Execute the marketing deliverables of the product development gating process for new products. This will include working on cross-functional project teams and interfacing with physicians to determine market needs and identifying opportunities. Conduct market surveys, market research, and coordinate product evaluations to fully inform customer requirements.
- Develop global go-to-market strategies and launch plans for new products.
- Creates annual global marketing business plans for on-market products.
- Provide input into development of company business plan and global product pipeline; Ensure frequent and efficient communications with the 3 regional marketing team regarding company strategies, product launches, and other key initiatives.
- Prepares and delivers effective marketing communication material such as integrated value propositions, advertising/promotional tools, press copy/releases, & driving effective trade show & conferences strategies
- Develop, maintain and leverage key opinion leader (KOL) relationships for brand advocacy, professional education, evidence generation, new product development, and voice of customer feedback.
- Define appropriate product claims to support the value proposition and coordinate the activities required to support those claims. Work with medical affairs to create a claims matrix.
- Communicate proactively to direct supervisor and when needed upper management and relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the life cycle of the designated product line.
- The Senior Marketing Managers primary interfaces are Sales, R&D, Finance, Legal and Regional Marketing within the 3 Regions.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Due to the global nature of this position, travel requirements are anticipated to be up to 30%.
- BA, BS degree is required and a Master’s degree in business or science is preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of professional experience is required
- A minimum of 5+ years health care and marketing experience is required
- Ophthalmology or Medical Device experience is preferred
- Solid ability to drive favorable business initiatives domestic and globally is required
- Must excel at interdependent partnering in cross-functional teams with ability to influence is required
- Strong presentation and communications skills are required
- Proven success in product/brand management is required
- This position requires up to 30% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)