Johnson & Johnson Careers
Occupational Health Nurse-Global Health Services Site Lead
Somerville, New Jersey; Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1258180904
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Nurse-Global Health Services Site Lead located in Somerville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The GHS (Global Health Services) Site Lead will manage a cross function health and wellness team at a single site or multiple near proximity sites and is responsible for the provision of a wide range of health services, including Occupational Medicine, Wellness & Health Promotion programs and Employee Assistance programs. S/he may directly supervise other Occupational Health Nurses, administrative staff and occupational health technicians working in clinical settings at their location(s). S/He is accountable for the overall success of health programs delivered by vendors in the areas of wellness, fitness and employee assistance. S/he assumes site level stewardship and is accountable for the deployment and performance of Global Health and Wellness strategies, policies and standards for occupational health, wellness & health promotion and employee assistance programs for all employees in businesses their location(s) support.
• Successful implementation of all GHS services (EAP, Wellness & Occupational Health) by applying centrally developed strategies, resources and tools locally
• Provides clinical healthcare services including: Nursing care for Injuries & illnesses, Case Management of Occupational Injuries and Illness, Medical Surveillance examination and general health education and coaching.
• Occupational health compliance at the locations they support including, compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and recordkeeping and J&J global health standers.
• Leads team and local HR, site managers, EHS, and other stakeholders and in the local application of a health and well-being strategy for their location(s) and leads a team of healthcare, wellness and mental health professionals who will execute on that strategy.
• Drives increased health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and well-being.
• Delivery of agreed-to regional health metrics and outcomes.
• Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of GHS resources, processes, procedures and programs using a regional construct.
• Monitors all aspects of site GHS performance, providing direction to their staff and vendors providing wellness services at their locations.
• Leads the talent acquisition, development and management process for their staff.
• Provides GHS technical assistance and support as needed across all campus locations.
• Engages business leaders to review Global Health performance and compliance.
• Is responsible for development and meeting site budget expectations.
• Fosters an atmosphere of openness and information sharing in order to encourage a culture of health awareness, transparency and diligence with respect to GHS matters.
• Manages a team of up to 5
• Outstanding leadership skills required; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or healthcare-related field required.
• Current Registered Nurse license for the State of New Jersey required.
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or COHN-S certification preferred.
• CAOHC Hearing Conservation certification required (or must be willing to acquire within 12 months of hire).
• NIOSH Spirometry required (or must be willing to acquire within 12 months of hire).
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of Occupational Health Nursing experience required.
• Supervisory experience is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills required.
• Working knowledge of regulatory areas (ie ADA, OSHA, FMLA and/or Workers' Compensation) required.
• Phlebotomy skills required.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Outlook, and Microsoft Excel is required.
• Familiarity with America Association Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) strongly preferred.
• Health coaching training/certification preferred.
• Experience working with unions is preferred.
• Current CPR/AED certification required.
• Strong compliance orientation required.
• Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment required.
• This position is located in Somerville, NJ and will require up to 5% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)