Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Biomarker Programmer, Immunology Early Development
Requisition ID: 1258180126
Janssen Research & Development, a family company of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Companies, is recruiting for a Biomarker Programmer, Immunology Early Development located in Spring House, PA or Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The position is with Immunology Biomarkers department and requires a motivated, scientifically curious and independent individual to support projects through the development, quality control and documentation of statistical and other programs. The successful candidate will work closely with internal scientists and external partners to facilitate integration of clinical datasets into biomarker workflows and contribute to data management activities. The biomarker programmer will be an important member of the Biomarkers group to maximize value from datasets and help transform the treatment paradigm for patients with auto-immune and inflammatory diseases.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing clinical data integration for different projects, which will include reviewing, revising, and documenting project requirements
- Curation and annotation of biomarker datasets
- Design and development of statistical programs for assigned projects
- Design, development and support of scripts, tools and computational infrastructure serving Biomarkers department members and business partners
- Performing quality control in support of biomarker analysis and reporting
- Maintaining documentation as appropriate
- Completing programming tasks of medium to high complexity
- Support of general biomarker data management activities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, biostatistics, computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, computational biology, physics, engineering or other scientific field is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for data manipulation is required
- Background in biomedical science (e.g. a minor or a second major) is preferred
- Proficiency in programming in a statistical programming language (SAS or R) is required
- Experience in programming in a general or scripting programming language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Java C, C++) is preferred
- Experience with data curation is preferred
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of web design and programming is preferred
- Database management and programming (e.g. SQL, MongoDB) experience is preferred
- Familiarity within a pharmaceutical/clinical trial environment is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management