Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lean Manager, North America
Requisition ID: 1239180126
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a LEAN Manager, North America with a preferred location of Monument, CO with consideration given to Raynham, MA and Elmira, NY.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- Deploy Process Excellence methodologies (Lean Fundamentals, Six Sigma, Design Excellence (DeX)) to the North American (NA) DePuy Synthes facilities through effective training, coaching and mentoring. Particular focus on Lean Manufacturing
- Serve as a Johnson and Johnson Production System deployment leader for the North American Region
- Manage the DePuy Six Sigma and Dex programs and actively collaborate with the J&J Academy to ensure alignment and consistency of approach
- Serve as an advisor to the Director of Operations for NA and the Regional Leadership Team, concerning cross-functional Operations Management and Continuous Improvement
- Facilitate development of Regional / Network 3P Roadmap annually
- Work with plant leaders in identifying business opportunities to improve process Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale (SQDCM) performance
- Coach, mentor and oversee site Lean / JJPS Managers, ensure execution of annual 3P events and 12 month Lean Fundamentals project plans
- Facilitate cross-functional alignment on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost improvement objectives
- Ensure the proper allocation of resources with the right priorities and methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, Design Excellence) to meet the Region’s objectives for each planning cycle
- Facilitate annual Strategy Creation sessions, in alignment with standard Segment and Supply Chain business process
- Cascade strategy through the Region through policy deployment
- Facilitate regular review of performance to strategies in Performance Management process
- Coordinate and manage the monthly Performance Management process (SQDCM) at the Regional level
- Provide oversight to each site’s execution of the Performance Management process
- Complete financial, quality compliance, technical and regulatory assessments for improvement projects with significant impact on strategic Quality, Delivery and Cost improvement goals
- Lead projects that optimize value for multiple plants and end-to-end value streams
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, a focused degree in Engineering or Science discipline is preferred
- An advanced degree, such an MS or an MBA is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant LEAN experience is required
- A minimum (4) years in a manufacturing environment is required
- Lean certification as a Black Belt (BB) or Master Black Belt (MBB) is required
- Six Sigma certification as Black Belt (BB) or Master Black Belt (MBB) is preferred
- Experience in developing and executing Change Management plans is preferred
- Experience in a highly regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.) is a preferred
- Experience as instructor and practitioner of Lean (Lean Fundamentals) is required
- Prior experience in leading a team of technical resources (engineers, technicians) is preferred
- Experience as instructor and practitioner of Six Sigma DMAIC methodology is preferred
- Experience as instructor and practitioner of DMADV methodology is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic and/or international)
North America-United States-New York-Elmira, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)