Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1233180511
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is hiring a PRONOVA/PROLENE Operator in Cornelia, Georgia.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The PRONOVA/PROLENE Operator will safely and efficiently execute daily tasks related to production of Prolene/Pronova non-absorbable suture. Typical tasks include rack winding, heat set, auto cutting, inspection and testing.
Reeling/Rack winding/Heat Set/Auto Inspect & Cut:
- Operate reeling and rack winding machine.
- Operate heat set oven.
- Perform minor maintenance to equipment as well as weekly preventative maintenance on Auto Inspect/cut/equipment.
- Lift racks of 5-10 lbs. and place into rackwinder.
- Perform scheduling of production lots.
- Obtain departmental supplies.
- Create production orders and tickets on computer.
- Perform tipping on fine size Prolene.
- Rack wind fine size Prolene.
- Perform inventory of material.
- Mix solution and tip fine size Prolene.
- Setup and Operate Auto inspect/cut equipment.
- Follow proper line clearance procedures.
- Run multiple Auto inspect/cut machines as one cell.
- Inspect, cut and package material.
- Identify defects and remove from lots.
- Cut material to required lengths.
- Package material and label.
- Maintain accurate records
- Measure tips on tipped material.
- Obtain samples from lot for testing.
- Operate required testing equipment.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Release QA accepted material.
- Clean reels/oven periodically.
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, Instron, etc.) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. Compliance Wire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Clean racks and rackwinder periodically.
- Use associated test equipment. Maintain certification for testing.
- Package and prepare product for shipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year related work experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills is required.
- Previous experience in a GMP or regulated environment is preferred.
- Maintain accurate records is required.
- Mechanical aptitude such as using hand tools & conducting minor troubleshooting is required.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, average, percentages, tolerances are required.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: Standing, sitting, walking, grasping, talking/hearing, pushing/lifting/carrying up to 30 lbs. (lifting from ground to waist, waist to overhead).
- Ability to work in stressful/fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to work and interact with co-workers to accomplish company goals in a team environment is required.
- Must be willing and able to work 2nd shift Monday-Friday 3:45pm-12:15am and overtime as needed.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)