Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1214190802
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is recruiting for a Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Process Development will perform process development for large molecule purification processes and process large molecules supporting Tox Manufacturing within the BioTherapeutics-API Development Group
- Your primary responsibilities will include participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale. This will include laboratory and pilot-scale scale work with chromatography systems and filtration systems.
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team.
- Works closely with scientist and collaborate with support functions to meet or exceed the goals and objectives of BioTherapeutics-API Development.
- Thrive in a diverse team setting by giving technical expertise to multiple large molecule programs, be proficient with documentation, and review of analytical and bioassay data.
- Participate in planning and scheduling of large scale development runs supporting Tox manufacturing and development.
- Maintain equipment logs and resolve equipment downtime. Track and maintain consumables inventory.
- Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically-derived materials
A Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with 0-3 years post-doctoral experience or a minimum of 12 years of experience performing dynamically advanced duties beyond a BS/BA degree, or at least 3 years of experience performing dynamically advanced duties at the Senior Associate Scientist level, or the equivalent training/experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with downstream processing and purification of large molecules.
- Experience with laboratory and pilot-scaled chromatography systems and filtration.
- Experience with analytical methods used in the manufacture and characterization of recombinant proteins is helpful.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is necessary.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology experience is helpful
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements preferred.
· Project management skills, such as developing and managing project plans,
· This position may require up to 10% travel.
· The ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment is required
· Ability to work in a complex changing environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)