Johnson & Johnson Careers
Group Product Director, Franchise Marketing
Requisition ID: 1211190404
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Group Product Director, Franchise Marketing based in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Group Product Director, Franchise Strategy & Operations for leading and developing portfolio and company brand marketing initiative, leading a field based Key Customer Engagement Team responsible for executing our portfolio strategy with key opinion leaders and Franchise & Operations Team (MSO). MSO responsibilities include Speakers’ Bureau, Commercial Ad Boards, Portfolio Nurse Initiatives, Patient Access Marketing, Patient Conferences, Unbranded Disease Education, Conventions, Congress Symposium, POAs, Actelion Review Committee Operations, Print Production, and Administrative Support for the Commercial side of Actelion.
- Foster a learning and results oriented environment with focus on team and individual development
- Partner with Brand Leadership to ensure valuable and in-depth tactical support of all strategic Marketing initiatives related to Actelion’s portfolio of marketed products.
- Partner with Advertising Agency partners in management and oversight of planning, financial agreements, operational processes, annual review processes, new agency RFP processes, and all agency (or new agency contact) trainings
- Partner with material review committee (ARC) leadership team to oversee ARC processes for all of Actelion’s brands, including oversight of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), process trainings, ARC meeting and agenda management
- Lead Actelion’s US Convention and Meeting Planning Group; provide guidance and direction in meeting and convention planning strategy, measuring success, and benchmarking against competitors; work closely with Global on conventions as needed
- Provide leadership and direction to team responsible for oversight of Speakers’ Bureau for all of Actelion’s marketed products. Drive positive relationship with Marketing to ensure effective and timely field communication of all Speakers’ Bureau initiatives
- Continuously evaluate internal best practices and conduct external benchmarking to ensure services provided to Actelion are innovative and “best in class”
- Create, enhance and apply comprehensive business processes that consistently manage and improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Lead team in assessing gaps/opportunities, drawing implementation plans, and coordinating communications, and training
- Responsible for Franchise Strategy and Operations budget and US portion of global convention budget
- BA/BS degree required or an equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- 15 years relevant experience of which eight years are in Sales/Marketing functions in areas such as Advertising, Marketing and Operations
- Three years leading operational functions within a Marketing/Sales environment in the biopharmaceutical or advertising industry and three years managing direct reports; experience managing other managers
- Excellent understanding of bio-pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Experience effectively negotiating and managing the acquisition of goods and services
- Strong knowledge of brand management and full creative cycle of pharmaceutical promotion, including regulatory aspects
- Experience in selecting, working with, and evaluating vendors and agencies
- Strong strategic mindset with execution experience
- Ability to lead/manage teams working on highly diverse, simultaneous activities
- Ability to address problems/opportunities in well-organized and systematic ways
- Experience in leading the implementation of IT-based solutions
- Strong budget-management and process-management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
This position is based in South San Francisco, CA and will require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)