Johnson & Johnson Careers
Regional Business Manager - Montreal
Requisition ID: 1209190404
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopaedic implants, devices for women’s health including breast care, infection prevention and general-purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, haemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
The Biosense Webster Regional Business Manager (RBM) role will be based in Montreal and be responsible for leading a team consisting of Product Specialists and Clinical Specialists. The RBM will have full responsibility for delivering business results, developing and executing regional business strategy and tactics, shaping and leading regional tenders, people development and building a strong talent pipeline. Externally, this role will also be responsible for building strong customer relationships with KOL physicians and key stakeholders in hospital administrations and buying groups. Internally, the RBM will be responsible for ensuring strong collaboration with other RBMs, Marketing, Strategic Customer Group (SCG), Customer Care, Health Economics, Professional Education groups, and any other cross-functional business partners.
- Lead a team of 7 to 12 people
- Deliver on top line business results, and budget commitments
- Lead and shape the regional tender/RFP process and final submission
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers to ensure contract compliance
- Funnel market insights into strategic business planning processes including product launches, designing value beyond the product offerings, services, and other solutions, and drive those strategies through the organization to deliver long-term commercial success of the franchise.
- Close collaboration with marketing in creating new business proposals to grow the business
- Gain market insights through interaction with customers, payors, and industry experts; develop a deep understanding of problems, needs, and translate into possible solutions
- Define and execute long-term business growth strategy that drives increased sales, market share, and/or market growth opportunities
- Contributes to investment strategy decision making
- Analyze and report sales results against forecast to senior management as well as any adjustments made to business plans to ensure objectives are met
- Review and manage portfolio relative to market demand and allocate resources according to greatest opportunities for growth
- Ensure that the New Technology Specialist has a robust plan for new technology roll out in the region, team training, and best-in-class clinical case coverage in all accounts
- Focus on implementing innovative ideas and solutions for the customers in your region
- Be a hands-on manager, covering clinical cases to keep your own skills and knowledge of the BW technology at the highest level
- Ensure strong cross-functional collaboration with Strategic Customer Group (SCG), Finance, Customer Care, Health Economics, Professional Education departments
- Build a strong talent pipeline
- Ensure complete adherence to Health Care Compliance (HCC) guidelines by the team
Minimum 5 years relevant business experience (such as sales, business development, franchise development, marketing) is required.
- Minimum 2 years marketing/business development/entrepreneurship experience is preferred
- Medical Device or healthcare industry knowledge in the Canadian Healthcare environment is required
- Knowledge of electropshysiology, cardiac ablation procedures and technologies used is preferred
- Bi-lingual in English and French is required
- Strong leadership, communication & influencing skills
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Driven to deliver results performance & excellence in the job
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining share
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated Credo-based leadership
- Proven track record of managing through complexity
- Ability to think strategically and champion a culture for continuous improvement
- Ability to see 'big picture' as well as appropriate level of 'attention to detail'
- Able to build strong effective collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Travel Requirement: upto 35%
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)