Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Learning and Development Manager, Legal & Government Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia
Legal (Non Attorney)
Requisition ID: 1207180510
Johnson & Johnson is looking for a Global Learning and Development Manager for Legal & Government Affairs. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role focuses on managing training and learning in support of the Worldwide Government Affairs and Health Policy organization (GA&P). Working in partnership with members of GA&P, the Manager of Global Learning and Development is responsible for designing, developing and implementing learning solutions to meet global/regional needs with a primary emphasis on training targeted business-based audiences to ensure compliance with GA&P policies, procedures and guidelines. A secondary emphasis is on providing training resources to support the development of GA&P staff in functionally specific topic areas aligned with GA&P organizational onboarding.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, the Manager of Global Learning and Development is a core member of the Legal & Government Affairs’ Global Learning and Development team. They will manage the global GA&P Learning portfolio (not included: GA&P Academy) and engage/consult with regional GA&P members, HCCOs and Law Department Attorneys as SMEs and business liaisons to gather input, define performance gaps, align/harmonize/prioritize on topics and coordinate GA&P training.
As the Global Learning and Development Manager for Legal & Government Affairs, you will be responsible for the implementation of the GA&P Global Learning Strategy, including:
• Conducting needs analysis in partnership with GA&P and Legal subject matter experts to identify and prioritize needs;
• Drafting instructional design proposals including developing robust audience analyses, innovative training approaches and measurable learning objectives;
• Proposing and developing interactive activities, exercises, knowledge checks or assessments to engage learners, improve the learning outcomes and the performance impact of training on the business;
• As needed, developing learning solutions in a variety of formats (classroom, eLearning, self-serve, virtual) and overseeing the content review and revision by subject matter experts (SMEs);
• Developing and conducting appropriate Train-the-Trainer programs as needed including coaching facilitators on training deliver;
• Developing tools to assess the value of various training methodologies and implementing lessons learned from learner and trainer feedback to continuously improve training deliverables;
• Supervising GA&P training administration, and developing measurement processes and reporting of all required GA&P training assigned to targeted audiences, including coordinating audience identification and assignment with LMS (Cornerstone) administrators, creating necessary communications and providing regular updates to GA&P Leadership as needed;
• Curating all the department’s training materials, including the GA&P online training repository and serving as a learning resource for GA&P members;
• Supervising external training vendors/contractors to design, develop and implement learning solutions, including defining project scope, objectives and deliverables, vetting training materials and serving as project manager;
• Partnering with fellow organizations (LD, HCC-P, HR, etc.) to alert stakeholders and target audiences to required training or otherwise promote available training materials;
• Keeping current with training and development research, new materials, methods and techniques.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; a minor in instructional design, education, English or other training/business related coursework is preferred. A Master’s degree, or Advanced Degree is preferred.
• A Minimum of 6 years’ experience designing and developing training/learning programs is required.
• Experience with different learning & training methodologies required.
• Experience in identifying training needs and applying adult learning theory and education principles to the practice of instructional design and strategy is required.
• Experience building training solutions in a variety of formats (in person, virtual, eLearning) is required.
• Experience designing and developing training programs in a multi-national pharmaceutical, med-device or Consumer company is required.
• Experience working with training content in either a legal, compliance or government affairs related department is preferred.
• Experience developing training programs and interacting with global teams based outside the United States is required.
• Ability to serve as an advisor to Senior Leadership in providing Presentation Coaching is required.
• Strong client-service/consulting experience required including the ability to collaborate and interact effectively with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts is required.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with all levels of personnel is required.
• Experience working with global and/or regional teams’ is preferred.
• Experience working with legal, compliance or government affairs related content is preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in project management and effective management of multiple projects/priorities including external vendors is required.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone, Saba, SumTotal, etc.) and/or Content Management Systems preferred.
• Proven verbal and written communication and change management skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (One Drive, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word) would be required;
• Knowledge using a Document Management System (such as SharePoint) is required.
• Experience with eLearning development tools (i.e., Articulate, HTML5) is preferred.
• Must be able to work from Washington, D.C. and travel 10% of the time to domestic and international destinations.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Legal (Non Attorney)