Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison - CV/Metabolism Ontario (contract)
Requisition ID: 1204180510
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is hiring a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Cardiovascular & Metabolism (12-month contract) to support mainly physicians in Ontario.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in hematology, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the field based advocate of Janssen Medical Sciences. As the scientific point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a given territory you will help address medical, scientific and research needs. The MSL team is accountable for the execution of the Medical Sciences Plan. They provide field insights to inform business strategy.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific expertise with regular attendance at key scientific / clinical conferences, training sessions and preceptorships to translate data into applicable knowledge and communication platform
- Disseminate, review and present clinical and scientific data to KOLs and other HCP's, in group and one-on-one settings
- Build strong relationships with HCP's based on scientific credibility
- Develop scientific communication materials for dissemination to HCPs
- Ensure a regional scientific leadership strategy with KOLs
- Participate and support medical and scientific forums (e.g. ad boards and CMEs)
- Field and assess research requests, align investigator interests with company’s research needs and engage investigators to ensure the successful execution and satisfactory completion of studies
- Analyze data – new and post hoc – to develop insights and contribute to scientific materials
- Provide expert clinical consultation and support to business partners (e.g. Access, Medical Education, Sales and Marketing etc.
- Provide regional medical perspective to influence the integrated Medical Affairs plans
- A minimum of Graduate degree is required; a Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years business experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. May be balanced against a strong clinical and/or scientific background in a relevant therapy
- Proven track record of contribution to commercial, medical and/or clinical development strategies is required
- Knowledge of the therapeutic areas of interest is highly desirable
- Have a proven ability to learn quickly, assimilate and distill large amounts of information and build and maintain relationships
- Experience managing clinical/scientific programs, including significant programs from study concept to publication
- Demonstrated critical thinking, strong project management skills and ability to impact decision making with relevant stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of GCP, IMC code and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures.
- This position requires up to 70% travel across Ontario, including northern regions
- A valid Canadian driver's license is required
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)
Medical Science Liaison