Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Electro-Mechanical Reliability Engineer ~Santa Ana CA
Requisition ID: 1199180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Electro-Mechanical Reliability Engineer. This position can be based in either Santa Ana CA.
JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for execution of product design quality and reliability program for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. Reliability engineering is the key interface between the R&D feasibility prototype design and the new product development. It directly impacts the final product quality and its effectiveness is strongly correlated with customer satisfaction.
The Reliability Engineer must be a hands-on person with design experience using motors, pumps, fluidics& pneumatics systems, sensors and electronic circuits and is expected to set up, operate and maintain laboratory instruments, design, build and monitor experiments, make observations, participate in design reviews, perform statistical calculations, record and report results and be able to develop conclusions and follow through on resolution. Has good communication skills and is computer literate, competent with Labview word, Excel, outlook Email. The Reliability Engineer will help form a new Lab, setup and maintain Laboratory area and equipment. Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- Plan, documents and perform HALT /ALT testing and reliability demonstration testing (RDT)
- Author and participate in DFR, studies and reports in support of these efforts
- Conduct root cause analysis of reliability problems. Determine physics of failure
- Drive and review component derating activities
- Create or participle in FMEAs, reliability hazard analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance, accelerated testing techniques, and application of statistical analysis with small samples.
- Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and presentations. S/he translates relevant data/information into broadly understandable terms to convey risks and provide the means by which project trade off discussions and decisions may be made
- Participate in design for reliability efforts and reviews.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, System Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressive reliability engineering work experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in theoretical and hands-on working experience with reliability testing is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of design experience with small Motors, Pumps, Optics, IR Laser or Sensors is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with LabVIEW programming.
- Must have two years of experience with DfR, Planning, supervising and performing HALT /ALT and Reliability demonstration testing
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position can be located in Santa Ana CA and will require up to 20% travel domestically and /or internationally.
- Good level of understanding of Electrical and software embedded systems is preferred
- Participation experience in design reviews and able to recommend changes and critique complex systems designs
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electromechanical systems is preferred
- A good understanding of statistical analysis techniques such as Weibull, Weibayes, Chi-squared, etc. is preferred
- At least one year of experience in the Medical device industry or experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred
- One of the following certifications is preferred: ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, SMRP Cert, Reliasoft Certified Reliability Professional, Six Sigma
- Must be organized, self-learner with, able to multi-task, have strong attention to detail.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)