Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Engineer, Mechanical Design-Mechanisms
Requisition ID: 1198180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Mechanical Design-Mechanisms, in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for leading the mechanical design and development of a complex electro-mechanical motion control system to be used as a key component of our next-generation femtosecond ophthalmological laser surgery devices.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Senior Engineer, Mechanical Design-Mechanisms, will:
- Design, develop, test and implement mechanical subsystems for next generation of eye surgery equipment
- Work independently providing technical leadership and insight to multi-disciplined, cross-functional project team
- Develop product requirements and identify critical requirements for product design qualification.
- Specify components of automated systems and work with EE/SW to implement and test
- Design and integrate systems to maximize system reliability and minimize cost
- Coordinate activities with consultants and suppliers
- Develop and run test protocols to verify and validate designs
- Communicate status and results by preparing technical reports and presentations.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- 4 years of progressive mechanical development work experience is required
- Strong hands-on experience developing electro-mechanical systems, in particular high-precision X-Y stages is preferred
- 5 years medical equipment experience is desired
- 3D Solid Modeling (SolidWorks preferred) experience is required, and computer analysis experience, such as FEA, is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with LabView is a plus
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus
- This position is located in Milpitas, CA and may require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)