Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineer, Disposable Design – Plastics
Requisition ID: 1197180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for an Engineer, Disposable Design – Plastics in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for the design and release execution of consumable development for J&J Vision refractive equipment product lines. Consumable is the critical patient interface single-use disposable used in each treatment. It directly affects the treatment safety and outcome. It also has the largest manufacturing volume and profit margin for the equipment product lines.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Engineer Disposable Design - Plastics, will:
- Design, develop, and implement surgical consumables from concept to production. (50%)
- Interface with external vendors for rapid test prototyping and leading to final high volume and quality production consumables. (20%)
- Design and develop disposable test tools, techniques, and process. (15%)
- Execute disposable test protocols for design release and performance verification. (15%)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- 2 years of progressive mechanical development work experience is required
- At least one full injection molded plastic product development cycle is required
- Strong hands-on experience developing complex parts of different materials with plastic injection molding process is required
- Familiar with sterile single-use consumable validation requirements is required
- 3D Solid Modeling (SolidWorks preferred) experience is required, and computer analysis experience, such as FEA, is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus.
- 25% Travel may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)