Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering-Lasers
Requisition ID: 1196180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering-Lasers, in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for leading a group of electronics design engineers directly responsible for the planning and execution of system control electronics design and development release for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. Provides engineering advice and assistance to other departments as required.
Electronics development and integration is the key interface for all system functional controls. It directly affects the product functional performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering-Lasers, will:
- Plan, design, develop, and implement surgical system electronics requirements, PCBAs prototype and integration, system control performance verification and testing from concept to production. (50%)
- Architect system electronics modules design. (10%)
- Identify and manage external vendors and contractors for rapid PCBAs and electronics sub-systems prototyping and testing. (10%)
- Responsible for electronics compliance testing. (10%)
- Lead and develop an efficient and focused group of capable electrical engineers for on-time project deliverables. (10%)
- Collaborate with other functional engineering managers to define and implement product system control design. (10%)
- A minimum of BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive electronics development work experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of people management experience is required.
- Multiple full control electronics PCBAs development cycles from concept to commercial release is required.
- Strong hands-on experience developing complex electronics control systems, both analog and digital.
- Technical experience in sensors (power) and actuators control integrations is required
- Full PCBAs development experience from design to layout to prototype is required.
- Technical experience in electronics design CAD tools is required.
- Solid understanding of EMI and noise management is preferred.
- Strong experience in managing and executing design and prototype iterations with external vendors and contractors is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus.
- This position is located in Milpitas, CA and would require up to 15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)