Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Engineering Systems-Lasers
Requisition ID: 1195180511
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Engineering Systems-Lasers, in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The primary responsibility of this individual is directly responsible for leading a group of system integration, test, and prototype development engineers directly responsible for the planning and execution of equipment product development for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. Provides engineering advice and assistance to other departments as required.
System development and integration is the key interface among all engineering functional groups. It directly affects the product functional performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
You, the Senior Manager, Engineering Systems-Lasers, will:
- Plan, design, develop, and implement surgical system requirements, system prototype and integration, system performance verification and testing from concept to production. (50%)
- Architect system modules design. (10%)
- Identify and manage external vendors and contractors for rapid subsystems prototyping and testing. (10%)
- Responsible for system compliance testing. (10%)
- Lead and develop an efficient and focused group of capable system engineers for on-time project deliverables. (10%)
- Collaborate with other functional engineering managers to define and implement product system design. (10%)
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Electrical, System Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- 8 years of progressive system development work experience is required
- 5 years of management experience is required
- At least one full system product development cycle from concept to commercial release. Multiple development life cycles preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience developing complex opto-mechanical-electrical systems is required
- Capable of developing complex testable system and interface requirements is required
- Capable of reading and analyzing electronics schematics and mechanical CAD design drawings Is required
- Strong experience in managing and executing design and prototype iterations with external vendors and contractors is required
- 5+ years medical equipment experience is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus.
- This position may require up to 25%.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)