Johnson & Johnson Careers
Test Engineer Biomechanics (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 1190190404
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, Inc. a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of companies is recruiting a Test Engineer in the Biomechanics Lab located in Warsaw, IN. DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world.
The Test Engineer will provide a professional level of expertise and knowledge in the areas of biomechanical testing of orthopaedic devices including new product verification testing, investigational testing, and research. The role requires the engineer to be capable of analyzing and critiquing designs in prototype development stages in order to provide a functional and meaningful test of efficacy and safety. The Project Test Engineer also needs to stay current with advances in orthopaedic surgery, biomechanics, and biomaterials, and to be able to assess new testing technologies and develop innovative test methods to translate complex biomechanical scenarios into representative mechanical test procedures. Additionally investigative and research skills are required to support clinical relevance. Other requirements include a good understanding of mechanics, materials, international standards and bioengineering. Good project management skills are essential in implementing a complete battery of tests necessary to support the proof of concept, operations process validation and regulatory submission.
- A 4 years degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or other related Engineering disciplines is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with some servo-hydraulic and/or electromechanical test equipment is required
- Experience with medical device is highly desirable
- Experience with test fixture design and 3D modeling is a bonus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently
- Good technical writing skills
- Knowledge of current test standards such as ISO/ASTM is preferred
- Superior project and time management skills
- Good team working skills and flexibility are essential
- This position is based in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 5% of Travel
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)