Johnson & Johnson Careers
Group Product Director, Patient Marketing
Requisition ID: 1171190404
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Group Product Director, Patient Marketing based in South San Francisco, CA.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Group Product Director, Patient Marketing develops, shapes, leads, and implements the strategic business plans for our direct-to-consumer marketing efforts. You will build integrated cross functional marketing/business plans to support brand leadership in PAH. These plans to include key components such as advertising and media, budget management, direct-to-patient strategy and materials, public relations, marketing research, annual business and strategic plans, plan of action management, message development and execution, consumer strategy to include acquiring, converting and retaining patients. This position will also work closely with other functional area leads.
- Deliver analysis, strategy, messaging and content to drive education and marketing to patients. This includes direct-to-patient initiatives as well as enabling customers (hospitals, physicians) to increase the patient value message. Ensure execution and delivery of goals and business objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the value message and how to communicate that message to key customers (physicians, hospital administrators, referring physicians and patients)
- Monitor the competitive environment and create sustainable strategies and actions. Routinely analyze trends, anticipate issues/opportunities, and develop plans of action.
- Partner with Analytics, Legal, Regulatory, Market Research, to execute, metric and refine patient marketing. Ensure appropriate marketing investment mix to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and execute strategy and develop innovative promotional programs. Assist in the management of/partnership with advertising agencies. Partner with field sales teams to develop aligned strategic objectives and execution. Develop strategy and execution plan for sales meetings. Motivate field sales force through marketing efforts and align incentive comp with strategy and key behaviors.
- Partner across the PAH franchise to ensure synergy of promotional efforts and investments across brands in the PAH portfolio. Partner with the other marketers in PAH to identify and leverage synergistic opportunities for the brand across franchises.
- Ownership of brand marketing budget
- Lead, develop, and coach a team of marketing professionals. Contribute to a culture of collaboration, trust, and personal development as part of the marketing team
- Drive cross-functional awareness, alignment and accountability to brand strategies and goals
- BA/BS degree required
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of combined marketing and sales experience required, of which 3 years include direct to patient marketing
- Prior people management in the bio/pharmaceutical industry required
- Ability to work within a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with demonstrated presentation skills
- Combination of professional and consumer marketing experience is highly preferred
- Experience working with customers and translating patient needs to the broader organization
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies (improve competitive position of product, drive growth of brand)
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work with multiple agencies/vendors, manage budgets and projects, cross-functionally, cross-geography, and with cross-company teams of high-level managers and executives
- Ability to manage multiple demands and priorities on time, lead teams, gain alignment and drive decision-making
This position is based in South San Francisco, CA and will require up to 40% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)