Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Research Manager, Behavior Science - Health & Wellness
Requisition ID: 1137180831
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, is recruiting for a Senior Research Manager to be located in New Brunswick, NJ with our Research and Outcomes Behavioral Science team.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions is a center of excellence for the Pharmaceutical, MD and Consumer sectors, focused on healthcare consumer engagement and behavior modification, leveraging behavioral science, healthcare analytics, and a common digital/IT platform.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions serves as an enterprise-wide group responsible for harnessing a J&J portfolio of capabilities to deliver innovative J&J enterprise solutions for J&J products in order to deliver improved health outcomes.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions will also partner closely with the Johnson & Johnson Unrivaled Products & Solutions team, the Consumer sector retail team and each sector’s strategic customer and franchise account groups to help guide the development of offerings to payer, provider and retail customers globally.
The Senior Research Manager leads and guides the development and conduct of Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions (JJHWS) research activities in collaboration with other teams, to ensure that they meet all research requirements and meet all research project operational milestones. Research activities will cover: 1. Formative and exploratory projects, 2. Early effectiveness and pilot testing, and 3. Expanded commercial viability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads and guides research team and process to ensure high quality programs generate timely results to support thought leadership, products, and services.
- She/He will be responsible for managing a group of professionals across the research and statistical analysis functions of the research group.
- This will include oversight and active roles in the creation and maintenance of study specific documents such as protocols, informed consent forms, and manual of operations
- Ensures assessment and selection of test methods, validation, claims support, rigor of protocols, and preparation of research reports and other documentation for dissemination and regulatory purposes.
- Reviews and evaluates research protocols to ensure compliance with industry, company, and regulatory expectations.
- Hires, motivates, develops and mentors staff to provide employee growth.
- Oversight of research interactions with cross functional teams and other departments (e.g., contracting, legal, procurement, etc..) to facilitate contracts and agreements for research vendor or partners.
- Create and manage to project management plans and timelines for research activities
- Ensure research and statistics functions tracking adherence to protocol, Good Clinical Practices, Standard Operating Procedures while following clinical monitoring plan, as applicable.
- She/He will guide and work closely with various parties to track study progress and protocol deviations.
- Lead trial risk mitigation activities through process while escalating issues to functional leads and senior management as appropriate.
- Manages department teams, external collaborations, and/or taskforces for study set up and trial execution.
- She/He will ensure and manage the analysis of various data sources from research activities, to include direction provided to the biostatistical lead.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree along with eight years of relevant experience is required OR A Doctoral Degree along with five years of relevant experience
- Degree focus in any social science or public health
- Expertise and training in range of scientific methods research
- Graduate level statistics training
- Experience managing clinical vendors or partners
- Clinical Research operations knowledge
- The ability to work with various oversight bodies
- The ability to liaise with external entities such as Institutional Review Boards and Clinical Vendors
- Strong understanding of GCP (Good Clinical Practices) Pervious supervisory experience
- Budget management experience
- Strong project management skills
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ and requires up to 10% domestic travel.
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CRO, or Epidemiology fields
- History of peer review publications
- Experience in digital health technologies research
- Experience in business setting
- Experience or familiarity with Data Science analysis methods
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick