Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Commercial Insights & Strategy - Schizophrenia
Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1130190403
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Commercial Insights & Strategy - Schizophrenia, located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The Director, Commercial Insights & Strategy is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities that shape decisions and drive organizational action for the Schizophrenia franchise within the Janssen NA pharmaceutical Business Unit. This position will partner closely with brand or franchise leadership and serves as an internal consultant to the Sales & Marketing team and senior franchise leaders. This position plays a leading role in advising and counseling management in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results.
- Serve as focal point integrating insights and analytics (forecasting, marketing research, business intelligence, and integrated analytics) for the Schizophrenia franchise and translating into business impact.
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance to strategic and business plans, forecasts, brand strategies and new product launch plans for Schizophrenia franchise.
- Lead development and implementation of Schizophrenia brand analytics plans which includes primary custom research in marketing, sales and payor spaces, including developmental research (e.g. product / patient/ attitudinal segmentation, A&U studies, etc.) and evaluative research (brand positioning, advertising & promotional copy, pricing, etc.).
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance to comprehensive plans (including alerts, timelines, and competitive simulations) designed to ensure competitive and environmental insights are reflected in brand and franchise strategies and plans.
- Ensure seamless integration of analytics from national and subnational levels across key data sources – prescription, patient, call activity and managed care to evaluate marketing and sales tactics.
- Identify and develop key metrics to measure and monitor performance through dashboards. Partner with Commercial Development team to embed Value Excellence into the brand or franchise efforts.
- Lead application of Commercial Innovation capabilities to drive impact for Schizophrenia franchise, including Payer/Provider Insights and Analytics, Commercial Mix / ROI Analytics and Integrated Market Analytics (Patient, Physician, Provider, Payer, Policy).
- Strong partnership in the development of Brand or Franchise designs for Sales Optimization, Targeting and Call Plan and Field Reporting & Incentive Compensation Strategy & Design.
- Guide the Commercial Insights & Strategy team to focus on key business questions and to frame business problems into research plans.
- He/she will routinely provide integrated insights that drive sales and marketing strategies for their respective franchise teams as well as the portfolio.
- Apply and help others on the team utilize basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Determine optimal analytic approaches in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals. Integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into strategies and organizational actions that drive tangible growth in revenue or profit.
- Champion the development and implementation of research and analytics approaches and methods that are innovative and examples of industry best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring the Commercial Insights & Strategy team is focused on key business issues for the franchise and well as the portfolio.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical.
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies.
- Led talent strategy which includes acquisition, development and overall employee performance management and talent management activities.
- Inspire and empower team to act with speed, agility and accountability enabling them to achieve excellence.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs.
- Enable Credo-based culture and serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions.
- BA/BS required
- Advanced degree desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience in marketing, finance, or business analytics, strategic planning, or management consulting required.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus.
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence company/franchise level decisions and strategies are required.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience is required in addition to a proven track record with talent development and empowering an accountable team.
- General management mindset, business acumen, strategic thinking required.
- Proven analytical skills and learning agility in order to coach and train colleagues across multiple functions required.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics required.
- Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions required.
- Travel up to 15% is required (domestic).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)