Johnson & Johnson Careers
COMMERCIALIZED PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COOP
Requisition ID: 1129190403
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Depuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Product Development Engineer Co-op in Warsaw, IN to support the Commercialized Product Development team within Research and Development (R&D).
The Commercialized Product Development group in Warsaw, IN is focused on the sustaining of all Depuy Synthes (primarily knee and hip) prosthetics currently on the market. This includes product risk assessment, design changes, and functional/mechanical testing. The team works closely with all other business functionalities on a daily basis such as marketing, regulatory, front end research, supply chain, and quality.
- Co-ops will be part of a team responsible for the design and development activities related to complex orthopedic implants and instrumentation.
- They will participate in all aspects of the design control process including the identification of patient and regulatory needs, assessments of development and design specifications, identifying and controlling of risks, and creation and documentation of design outputs when products require additional functional or mechanical testing.
- Assist in the development and execution of verification / validation plans which may include evaluation in a human cadaver.
- Assist in the development and execution of both formal and informal testing protocols including the design of testing fixtures and testing methodology.
- The ability to learn and utilize Unigraphics 3D CAD to produce models and drawings.
- Support product development by regularly interfacing with members of R&D, Prototype Manufacturing, Mechanical Testing, and Design Quality.
- Design work may be assigned based on candidate’s background and successful completion of tasks.
- Qualified candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- “Hands-on” engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time well.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meetings face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with 3-D modeling preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)