Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW, NOVEL BIOCONJUGATION - TARGETED THERAPEUTICS
Requisition ID: 1127190402
Postdoctoral Fellow, Novel Bioconjugation – Targeted Therapeutics
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Postdoctoral Fellow to be located in Spring House, PA.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics across the modality spectrum (including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids) that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. We are recruiting a Postdoctoral Fellow, Novel Bioconjugation to join our team.
Bioconjugation is a key enabling technology for the development of new cell-targeted therapeutics to address unmet medical needs. The postdoctoral fellow will work within the Targeted Therapeutics team and in collaboration with the Therapeutic Areas to discover and develop new bioconjugation approaches with the potential to later advance these conjugates as drug candidates. The fellow will be expected to publish in peer-reviewed journals. S/he will have scientific interactions with the Discovery organization including giving and attending seminars and scientific meetings and participating in symposia.
The successful candidate will have a background in protein and/or conjugation chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field. S/he will have demonstrated deep intellectual curiosity and creativity as well a track record of achieving research goals and an ability to independently design and execute research.
· A PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering, or related field
· A solid research publication record
· Experience with protein biochemistry, protein purification, bioconjugation methods, and/or biophysical characterization
· Experience with biomolecule purification using automated chromatography systems is preferred
· Interest and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks
· Candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
· Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
· Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
· Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)