Johnson & Johnson Careers
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 1124190404
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Buyer Planner position to be located in Añasco, Puerto Rico.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Buyer Planner, you will:
• Ensure direct materials are ordered and in stock to meet quality and manufacturing requirements while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
• Be responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
• Collect information regarding raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
• Manage and/or maintain raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models.
• Assure accuracy of database of suppliers of products used in manufacturing process.
• Prepare orders to vendors as directed for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
• Inventory goods received and identify discrepancies in order quantity and price.
• Check scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries. Advance issues and notifies appropriate personnel/management as appropriate.
• Check with warehouse and production regarding availability and movement of materials to detect shortages or overages.
• Support supplier or component S&OP as required.
• Support and/or Identify Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Major in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related discipline is preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
• American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) and/or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certifications are a plus.
• A minimum of two (2) years of supply chain, operations, logistics or relevant experience is required.
• Experience in Purchasing is required.
• Lean/continuous improvement skills are preferred.
• Knowledge of data gathering, analysis and reporting is highly preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. SAP experience is highly preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skill both in English and Spanish are required.
• Ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result. Creative and decisive problem-solving skills.
• Able to analytically absorb information and solve complex problems quickly.
• The position requires up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco-
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)