Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1115180126
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Machinist, located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Machinist is responsible for installation, maintenance and repairs on manufacturing equipment and ensures appropriate records are maintained. Inspects, completes and coordinates maintenance of manufacturing equipment which may include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic systems. Plans, coordinates and performs installation, setups of machinery. Tests and makes adjustments as needed. Diagnoses and repairs malfunctioning equipment. Recommends and implements process improvements. Updates required documentation including maintenance and repair logs. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Applies safety procedures to all work. Orders parts and supplies in accordance with department procedures.
• Interpret complex drawings and sketches
• Fabricate complex precision parts and fixtures for new and redesigned equipment
• Quickly diagnose machine difficulties and make necessary repairs, replacements or adjustments Disassemble, overhaul and reassemble plant machinery
• Make replacement parts for machine repair
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• An Associate’s Degree, a degree from a vocational school or formalized apprenticeship is preferred
• A minimum of four (4) years of related work experience is required
• Ability to perform shop mathematics to include precision limits, tolerances, and decimals is required
• Must be able to read and understand mechanical orders, blueprints, sketches, specifications, procedures etc.
• Familiarity with GMP and GDP is preferred
This position requires a daily commute to Somerville, NJ with the working hours of Monday – Friday 6:45 AM – 3:15 PM with overtime and weekends as required
This position pays $31.71/hour and is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)