Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Protein Purification and Characterization
Requisition ID: 1105190403
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist to purify proteins for the discovery and optimization of biomolecules in a matrix environment involving different therapeutic areas. The primary responsibilities include the purification & characterization of lead monoclonal and multi-specific antibodies and other biomolecules for therapeutic candidate selection. This individual will have knowledge and interest in protein purification including affinity and other chromatography methods, HPLC as well as biochemical analytical techniques. As an Associate Scientist responsibilities will also include:
- Hands-on lab research for purification and characterization of antibodies or other proteins expressed from a variety of sources
- Design, execute and interpret experiments with manager’s approval
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Keep familiarity with meaningful scientific literature
- Ability to collaborate with other scientists in a dynamic research environment
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related area in the Life Sciences is required
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory experience in an academia or industry setting is required
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook is required
- Protein Purification experience is preferred
- Experience in Protein purification in both antibodies and antigens is preferred
- Experience with AKTA systems, HPLC and Automation is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)