Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing - Hips
Requisition ID: 1098180510
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing - Hips. This position can be located in Warsaw, Indiana, U.S or Leeds, Yorkshire, U.K.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is an operating company of DePuy, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and suppliers of orthopedics devices and supplies. We are known throughout the medical world for the development, manufacture, and marketing of innovative solutions for total joint replacement.
The Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing - Hips will be a strategic thinker and a self-starter with the ability to work independently to deliver business results. The successful individual will be globally minded and able to balance the short-term needs with the long-term goals of the overall organization while considering and respecting the unique differences across regions.
The Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing - Hips will assist in the execution of global marketing strategies, contributing to the maximization of profitability and market penetration of DePuy Synthes Hips Products with a focus on upstream marketing for new product introductions.
- Achieve worldwide business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis for licensed and/or acquired product / technology
- Leading and executing impactful worldwide product launch through Launch Excellence (LEX) marketing planning
- Launches including the development of collateral for surgeons, hospitals, patients, payers, etc., price strategy, product training plan (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, and sales tools
- Lead coordination with Regional Marketing teams and other key stakeholders
- Contribute to portfolio plans aligned to company strategy
- Partner with R&D and Business Development counterpart to lead product/ technology licensing, integration & development programs
- Responsible for contributing to product scope, providing inputs (based on portfolio gaps), validating product design, and development of launch messaging and materials, set configurations, etc.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of product development, Product for Resale (PFR) & Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) process’s and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time launches
- Partner with Business Development, Business Insights & Strategic Marketing to execute market research initiatives around customer needs and product validation
- Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales consultants, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.)
- Work closely with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.)
- Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan
- Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior
- Partner with the sales force and field marketing to effectively deploy
- Develop positive relationships with surgeon customers and key targets
- Partner closely with Regional Marketing and Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product and company strategy
- Be responsive in responding to requests from customers and sales consultants
- Work collaboratively with functional areas and Strategic Partners to ensure business issues are addressed
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the following fields is required: Marketing, Sales, Product Management, and/or Product/Brand Marketing
- Experience in the medical device industry and orthopedics is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal presentation abilities and ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners and external customers is required
- Previous project management experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully lead & deliver on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment is required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to make effective marketing presentations to small and large groups are required
- Proven strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently, proactively, and as a part of a team is required
- The ability to work with cadavers and within an Operating Room setting is required
This position is located in Warsaw, Indiana, U.S or Leeds, Yorkshire, U.K. This may require up to 30% domestic and international travel, including some overnights & weekends.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)