Johnson & Johnson Careers
Quality Systems Manager
Requisition ID: 1097180510
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson company is hiring a Quality Systems Manager located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Quality Systems Manager handles and leads the execution of Quality Systems (QS) at site level, including Nonconformances (NC), Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), Internal Audit (IA) Observations, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigations, Product Quality Escalation, Quality Progress Review (QPR), Quality System Management Review (QSMR), and other assigned QS activities to ensure systems are effective and in compliance. Handle the performance and communication of QS metrics at site level. Ensures site readiness in the deployment of QS initiatives. Supports compliance and document control areas, and continuous improvement of the Quality System. Manages Quality Systems team supporting manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the consistent and correct execution of QS procedures at the site to ensure the quality and compliance of processes and records for NC, CAPA, IA Observations, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigations, Product Quality Escalation, QPR and QSMR,
- Develops competency of resources at the site that execute NC, CAPA, IA Observations, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigations, Product Quality Escalation, QPR and QSMR, by providing training and guidance on the execution and documentation of these processes,
- Responsible for the timely and compliant execution of site NCs, CAPA, IA Observations, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigations, Product Quality Escalation, QPR and QSMR, by championing cross-collaboration across functions, sites, and operating companies; identifying barriers for the progress; and elevating issues for resolution,
- Leads on-site QPR and QSMR, including coordination, preparation, execution, and tracking of activities,
- Leads Product Quality Escalations for nonconformances or issues originating at the site, including the initiation, escalation, coordination, tracking, and closure of activities
- Leads on site the timely collection, escalation and reporting of all Quality System metrics to management
- Maintains original documentation for site NC, CAPA, IA Observations, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigations, Product Quality Escalation, QPR and QSMR as quality records,
- Identifies site needs to meet and improve system performance of NC, CAPA, IA Observation, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigation, Product Quality Escalation, QPR and QSMR at the site level, and raises to appropriate representative and management in a timely manner,
- Collaborates with Franchise Quality in the deployment (design, implementation, and post-monitoring) of QS initiatives impacting the site that promote the continuous improvement of the QS and ensure continuity of the application of globally shared processes and systems at site level,
- Supports compliance activities by participating in audit readiness; assists in Internal and External audits; serves as Subject Matter Expert for NC, CAPA, IA Observation, Site Complaint Manufacturing Investigation, Product Quality Escalation, Document Control, QPR and QSMR processes during audits; owns the investigation, response, and remediation of site-specific QS audit observations
- Handles on site Document Control (as required), including management of change documentation, on-site administration of the change control system, and archival of documents on site,
- Runs the quality systems team at the site.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
- Eight (8) years related experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing / operations environment advantageous.
- Regulatory compliance knowledge expected.
- Advanced Quality Systems knowledge required.
- Experience in Auditing and notified body inspections required.
- Experience with root cause investigation, change management, risk management and technical writing required.
- Experience in Quality Systems process development, support, integration or improvement is helpful. Experience in Project Management preferred.
- A Certification in process excellence / Six Sigma or equivalent is helpful.
- Advanced use of computer and software applications is required.
- Experience with training or mentoring others is required.
- Direct supervision experience preferred.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA and requires up to 20% travel (international and domestic).
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)