Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Mechatronics & Controls Engineer, in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Senior Mechatronics & Controls Engineer, will contribute significantly to the development of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical system. The primary focus of this position will be development, implementation and verification of robotic control subsystems and/or algorithms based on clinical, user, and safety requirements, which includes both software and hardware considerations. He/she will also be involved in subsystem/system characterization, calibration and robotic control system deployment. Lastly, he/she will assist robotic control system test development, execution and documentation.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead component and subsystem characterization and modeling, calibration and compensation, and control development
• Work in cross functional teams to accomplish system integration, new build bring-up, and engineering verification
• Develop, implement and verify control algorithms for custom surgical robots, end-effectors, and other electro-mechanical subsystems
• Contribute to overall electromechanical system design and control
• Other related duties as may be assigned
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
• Master’s degree in mechatronics and control, mechanical engineering, robotics, or equivalent area
• In lieu of Master's Degree, a Bachelor's Degree in mechatronics and control, mechanical engineering or robotics + additional years of professional experience in medical device or mechatronics industry where robotic hardware & mechatronics is part of their job is required.
• 3 years or more work experience in industry or in a research environment
• Demonstrated experience in electromechanical system design, implementation, integration, debugging, verification, and testing
• Expertise in electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
• Familiar with robot kinematics and dynamics
• Experience with real-time control systems (RTLinux, QNX, xPCTarget, Labview Realtime. etc)
• Skilled in Matlab, Python and/or C++ programming
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
• Demonstrated technical understanding of complex engineering problems; proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting; excellent verbal and written communication skills
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This is a full-time position.
• Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Experience in embedded control system development, digital control and signal processing
• Medical device experience
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)