Johnson & Johnson Careers
MANAGER PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Requisition ID: 1075180831
The Ethicon Surgical Care business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager, Product Management located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Manager, Product Management is responsible for representing the Supply Chain in the development and commercialization activities for New Product Development activities for surgical instruments including but not limited to:
• The integration of New Products into Manufacturing and driving rapid stabilization, lifecycle management, sustaining activities and other operations responsibilities.
• Developing and executing strategy and tactics for the identification, development & implementation of enabling manufacturing processes.
• Representing the Voice of Supply Chain on one or more New Product Development projects with functional responsibility for Supply Chain deliverables.
• Leading the Manufacturing site/Supplier selection process for new/revised Ethicon products including component as well as full device (or subassembly) manufacturing source selection.
• Leading the improvement or identification of manufacturing technologies that enable the development of new products.
• The Product Managers’ responsibilities will include establishing / maintaining a staff of high caliber engineers with skill sets to bring world-class leadership to Ethicon manufacturing technology.
• In addition, s/he will be responsible for developing and executing strategy and tactics in key technologies to advance competitiveness of Ethicon manufacturing in areas of materials, processes, sterile packaging, & sterilization.
• S/he will ensure the most efficient and effective "end to end supply chain" is in place for delivery of products/service, leveraging capabilities within Ethicon and across the sector.
• S/he will be accountable for product design to ensure it's designed for manufacturability and stability.
TRAVEL: Domestic & international travel as required, approximately 25%
• A minimum of a B.S. engineering or technical degree required.
• A minimum of 7 or more years in a medical device or related business required.
• 7 or more years direct technical service & / or engineering support to manufacturing preferred.
• 7 or more years in development & introduction of new products preferred.
• Manufacturing experience (accountable for manufacturing and to include experience with quality) required;
• Experience in life cycle engineering (maintained design intent), required.
• Certification in Black Belt DMAIIC preferred; GB DMADVV preferred, GB in Lean preferred.
• Project Management Mastery (5 yrs of several significant project mgmt experiences required.)
• CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional - APICS) preferred
• Strong business acumen (P&L ownership with MBA preferred);
• Leadership skills; Judgment & decision making skills; Organizing & planning; Interpersonal relationship & influence;
• Fluent Bilingual English/Spanish language skills preferred.
Personal computer skills, Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail & spreadsheet software. Understanding of information technology in order to allow utilization of new technologies to meet business objectives
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)