Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 1075180510
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant, to support the Employment Law Practice Group. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to four or more attorneys in the Employment Law Practice Group, including the Group Leader. The Employment Law Practice Group sits within the Litigation Department; members of the Employment Law Practice Group support and advise our business and human resources partners on employment law issues globally.
- Monitoring telephone calls & messages; provide information to callers, route call to appropriate individual, take messages, and place outgoing calls.
- Maintaining attorneys' calendars and contacts in Outlook;
- Scheduling & organizing meetings/conferences, including web-based meetings, arrange for conference rooms, including requesting appropriate meals/beverages and equipment needs;
- Organizing travel arrangements for both international & domestic travel, including flight, hotel & transportation;
- Processing expense reimbursements using Concur;
- Maintaining Employment Law Practice Group resource website, including actively seeking updates of contracts, documents, templates, and presentations to keep site current and relevant;
- Proactively search internal and external resources for client solutions;
- Handling legal documents and document management of a highly confidential nature;
- Preparing and revising documents, presentations, forms, legal documents, and correspondence.
- Communicating with internal business partners at all levels on confidential and sensitive matters;
- Communicating with outside counsel and other external stakeholders;
- Engaging on Employment Law Practice Group projects as required;
- Providing support to lawyers with technology including software programs such as PowerPoint, One Note, One Drive.
- Preregistering visitors for building security and receiving and directing visitors;
- Able to handle a workload that may involve critical deadlines;
- Reading, prioritizing and routing incoming communications, e.g., faxes, emails and correspondence;
- Make copies, email, scan, and/or fax correspondence or other printed matter;
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and prepare Fed Ex/UPS labels for mailings;
- Maintaining and ordering department supplies;
- Providing back up coverage to other administrative desks in the law department;
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- A College degree or a Paralegal Certification is strongly preferred.
- A certificate and/or formalized training as an administrative assistant is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an office support environment is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing Executive, VP or Senior Director level administrative support is required.
- Prior experience in a corporate law department, law firm or with legal documents is preferred.
- High Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Experience managing and processing expense reports/reimbursements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to prioritize work is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accuracy, and very careful attention to detail are required.
- Individual must possess and demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment, respond well to changing demands and situations, and be a self-starter, working well independently in the absence of the attorneys.
- The ability to effectively interact and/or work with other members of the Law Department and business partners within the Company, such as business leaders and Human Resources, is required.
- Flexibility to assist in assigned projects is required.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Travel would be minimal. Less than 5% local/domestic travel might be required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)