Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Purification Sciences - Discovery Chemistry
Requisition ID: 1067190402
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Associate
Scientist, Purification Sciences - Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The newly formed Discovery Chemistry group is committed to the delivery of high quality drug candidates working with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This mission requires deep scientific expertise in several disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Associate Scientist, Purification Sciences in our Discovery Chemistry department. This position will be based at our drug discovery site in Spring House, PA.
We are seeking experienced and highly motivated BS- or MS-level chemists with analytical and purification skills to work in our laboratories in Spring House, PA to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will provide high throughput purification services to medicinal chemists. This includes the purification of compounds from focused chemical libraries or singleton samples at µg to hundreds of mgs with different purification techniques, such as mass-directed reverse phase HPLC or SFC systems. She/he will maintain close interactions with scientists from discovery chemistry, discovery process chemistry and parallel medicinal chemistry to expedite the compound design-synthesis-test iterations. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate Scientist include:
• Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
• Conduct high throughput purification work from crude sample analysis, method selection, purification, quality control to registration and distribution of the purified samples.
• Provide expert purification services for small molecules and/or other modalities such as peptide, using appropriate purification techniques, such as reverse phase mass-directed HPLC purification and SFC purification.
• Presenting data and reports on behalf of the Purification team at individual and group meetings.
• Drafting, executing and serving as co-author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Analytical, Synthetic, Organic, Medicinal chemistry or related chemistry degree is required.
•A Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 or more years of relevant analytical and purification experience is required
•A Master’s degree with at least with at least 3 or more years of relevant analytical and purification experience is required
• Expert knowledge and hands-on experience of modern analytical and purification techniques is required, such as mass-directed reverse phase preparative HPLC, analytical HPLC and SFC is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with lab automation and compound distribution logistics is preferred
• Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)