Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1066180831
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Engineer located in its manufacturing site at its global headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida.
The successful candidate will be a key part of Mechanical Engineering team supporting highly automated Manufacturing Platforms with continuous improvement design solutions in support to the growth of base business, new product introductions, reliability-based asset management and new equipment / enabling technologies.
The Staff Engineer will be directly responsible for design, fabrication and implementation of continuous improvement solutions relative to existing equipment throughput, reliability and obsolescence mitigation for Vision Supply Chain at the Jacksonville Site. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring best practices and process standardization adherence with the Limerick Site. The candidate must possess an ability to work horizontally and vertically with technical peers, stakeholders and key functions to enable site’s strategy and goals/objectives. The candidate must possess ability to manage capital projects supporting continuous improvement activities and manufacturing line conversions across multiple platforms. The Staff Engineer will possess a strong technical capability and a willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of manufacturing.
In this role, the Staff Engineer will provide subject matter expertise in equipment design and function and provide leadership in deploying best practices in Problem Solving, Engineering & Technology. The candidate must have a strong track record in developing technical solutions in an automated manufacturing environment.
• Develop and deploy equipment solutions and improvements that meet the Quality Management System and EHS&S requirements.
• Responsible for the technical execution of projects focused on delivering design improvements that influences positively in the metrics of the business, strategic directions and financial results.
• Ensures a methodical approach in solving complex problems and utilizes statistics to demonstrate resolution and effectiveness
• Manages Capital Appropriations relative to approved design solutions.
• Collaborates with internal resources and external vendors in development of design, fabrication and deployment of technical solutions.
• Provides a strong technical leadership style which reflects the standards and expectations outlined in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
• Deliver a high level of internal customer satisfaction by application of Engineering best practices and tools.
• Focused on building strong relationships within the Operations organization and across the Franchise organizations to ensure alignment and support for business Goals and Objectives.
• Keep up to date on new developments and technologies in assigned disciplines and present on new ‘Best Practice’ methodologies, procedures, processes and equipment to the company in a proactive manner.
• Support Proactive Quality design improvements across the Quality organization to reduce NC’s and execute CAPA processes and activities.
• Maintain the behavioral standards within engineering to ensure they meet company standards and policy.
• Take full responsibility for all Environmental and Health & Safety per J&J standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in and Engineering discipline required, mechanical or industrial engineering degree preferred
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum 6 years of engineering experience required
• Proven ability to manage technical projects from design through deployment within automated manufacturing processes required
• Change management, project management and the ability to work effectively and drive alignment in a global environment through strong communication and empowerment is required
• In-depth experience in the manufacturing of automation technology in a highly regulated environment required
• Full understanding Machine Design and Equipment standards required
• Experience in the medical device industry preferred
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel required
• Black Belt or Green Belt Certification preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)