Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Rheumatology and Dermatology
Requisition ID: 1064180126
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business-critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson. The following groups make up JGS: Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), Global Pharmaceutical Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceutical Procurement Group (USPPG); and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development (PGBD). This position is with GCSO and based in Horsham, PA.
The Associate Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics, will be responsible for providing commercial and scientific intelligence and analyses to support Immunology early and late-stage R&D, L&A, strategic marketing, and business development teams for at least two disease areas. The individual will work closely with commercial and scientific counterparts to provide integrated scientific and commercial competitive insights and analyses, as well as collaborate with business development/L&A partners to help identify and conduct due diligence and/or forecasting of early and late‐stage opportunities.
The individual will need to develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the key scientific, clinical, regulatory and commercial issues in Immunology and apply this knowledge to develop competitive insights upon which to shape strategies and forecast assumptions.
The individual will need to communicate timely, critical scientific and/or competitor intelligence with actionable insights and recommendations. Insights would include, but are not limited to: in‐depth analysis and profiles of key competitors as well as opportunity/market assessments. Analysis of databases and scientific journals (e.g. disease incidence and prevalence data), as well as analyst and investor reports, to provide market opportunity assessments will be required in this role.
Conducting primary intelligence is also a key part of this role, which would include attending Medical Congresses/Meetings and development of coordinated strategies and plans for content coverage. This would include developing a plan to gather and present a comprehensive summary of key abstracts/posters/presentations and intelligence, coordination with discovery and clinical scientists, alignment with commercial teams and Regional partners and the leadership of team debriefs following the Congresses.
As part of a global team, this individual will also need to coordinate efforts with Regional and Operating Company in‐line intelligence colleagues to create synergies and ensure alignment. He/she will identify, evaluate and recommend tools and other resources that will help build and maintain an adequate competitive intelligence infrastructure. This individual will need to collaborate effectively with marketing research and forecasting counterparts within the therapeutic areas. This position will report to the Global Commercial Insights Leader.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA or other advanced degree (Pharm.D., MD, PhD) is preferred.
- 5 years of business/competitive intelligence or related business analytics (marketing research, forecasting, finance, sales analytics, and medical information) experience is required.
- Direct Immunology experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership, project and process management to drive business results, and analytical skills- preferably in forecasting or finance is required.
- Working knowledge of key secondary resources to gather intelligence required.
- Ability to gather, analyze and translate scientific and commercial information into actionable intelligence is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of working effectively across functions/organizations is also required.
- Must be able to influence and impact others through building and defending arguments.
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal, and organization development skills required.
- This position will require up to 20% domestic with some international travel as needed.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)