Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Immunoassay Development
Requisition ID: 1059180509
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring for an Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Associate Scientist is a technical position within the Biologics Development Sciences Department. This department is responsible for developing, validating, and conducting bioanalytical methods related to large molecule biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J, spanning nonclinical studies to post-market clinical development.
Responsible for development and validation of assay methods to assess immune responses to therapeutic proteins. The Associate Scientist in the Immune Response group develops routine and novel IR assay methods. Also required to assist with assay validations, routine lab operations, technical writing, participation in GLP compliance activities and other duties as needed. The Associate Scientist will:
- Initiate and perform assigned research activities within established guidelines
- Independently design and trouble shoot experiments/analyses based on interpretations and conclusions
- Correct issues that may not be immediately evident, using existing or new procedures/processes
- Review the proper operation and maintenance of current laboratory equipment and analytical instruments
- Contribute to information database development and suggest improvements to information systems
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of technical documents
- Collect and collate results and report to senior colleagues
- Collaborate effectively with fellow project members following priorities, checkpoints and timelines in support of objectives
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4 years of laboratory experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience is required
- Ability to develop, validate, and conduct bioanalytical methods is required
- Knowledge of nonclinical studies to post-market clinical development is preferred
- Experience in the development and validation of immunoassay methods is required
- The use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is required
- Knowledge of 21CFR part 11 GLP compliance is preferred
- Experience with anti-drug antibody assays is preferred
- Experience with MSD, Gyrolab, and high throughput robotics is preferred
- Experience in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO) or diagnostic lab environment is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)