Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Firmware Engineer (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 1049190402
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
- Execute surgical systems firmware code design.
- Collaborate with electronics hardware engineers to define control signals and functionalities.
- Execute firmware unit test and integration testing with application software.
- Organize code review and document software design requirements and descriptions.
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Electrical, System Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive real-time software and firmware engineering work experience is required.
- Strong technical knowledge in real-time software and firmware control algorithms is required.
- Strong experience in microcontrollers firmware coding design is required.
- Proven C/C++ coding skill is required.
- Proven LabView experience is required.
- Must be capable of reading and analyzing electronics circuits.
- Must be familiar with multiple software operating systems.
- Strong experience in software test tools and development process is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess working knowledge of coding and documentation deliverables within a regulated environment.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is preferred.
- This position can be located in Milpitas, CA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)