Johnson & Johnson Careers
Los Angeles, California
Requisition ID: 1049180831
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist I based in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Scientist is primarily responsible for the support of Quality Lab projects and/or routine testing. This individual directly performs physical, chemistry laboratory testing of bulk compounds, finished products, raw materials and packaging components and also supports Retain and Marketed Product Stability Program. The Scientist is also responsible for generating GMP documentation used to support releasing of raw materials, packaging components, finished goods and bulk.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Will work closely with business partners to coordinate laboratory prioritization to support business needs and KPIs.
- Will support Laboratory Management in the development, implementation and management of appropriate testing of the Quality Assurance Laboratories at Neutrogena's Los Angeles Plant.
- Will ensure the laboratory testing process is well defined, adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and meets all Neutrogena quality assurance requirements.
- Will ensure routine and non-routine testing is prioritized and performed appropriately.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related scientific degree is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an FDA regulated industry is required.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems and Chromatography systems is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs, cGXPs, cGLPs and compliance is required.
- Knowledge in analytical and instrumental chemistry is required.
- Experience performing routine and non-routine analytical test methods and basic USP technique testing is required.
- Broad based experience or combination of experience, in analytical testing, science knowledge and understanding of test equipment function is required.
- This position is located in Los Angeles, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)