Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Firmware Engineer (2 roles)
Requisition ID: 1048190402
Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for Senior Firmware Engineers (2) in Milpitas, CA or Albuquerque, NM.
This product development Senior Firmware Engineering position is directly responsible for the execution of J&J Surgical Vision product firmware design, testing, and integration. Firmware engineering is the key interface between the R&D software development and electronics hardware control. It enables the basic software functionality and directly impacts the final product quality and safety.
- Execute surgical systems firmware code design.
- Collaborate with electronics hardware engineers to define control signals and functionalities.
- Execute firmware unit test and integration testing with application software.
- Organize code review and document software design requirements and descriptions.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, System Engineering or related engineering discipline is required.
- 6 years of forward-thinking real-time software and firmware engineering work experience is required.
- Experience working in heavily regulated industry/environment required
- Strong technical knowledge in real-time software and firmware control algorithms is required.
- Strong experience in microcontrollers firmware coding design is required.
- C/C++ coding skill is required.
- LabView experience is required.
- Must be capable of reading and analyzing electronics circuits.
- Must be familiar with multiple software operating systems.
- Strong experience in software test tools and development process is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess working knowledge of coding and documentation deliverables within a regulated environment.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)