Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scrum Master, Healthcare Technology
Requisition ID: 1040180124
Johnson & Johnson is seeking an Agile professional to join our community of Scrum Masters at the Healthcare Technology Center in Providence, RI. We work with advanced technology for patient care on a variety of platforms. We are a collaborative community of big data developers and data scientists, web and mobile application developers, Internet of Things architects and programmers and other technical professionals.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scrum Master works alongside developers and product owners on software engineering projects. The Scrum Master emphasizes value creation and rigorous adherence to quality standards. Our software products are used as medical devices and for patient care. We also create applications that are used by patients directly. In protecting the team from outside interference, the Scrum Master ensures that developers can retain this commitment to excellence.
Scrum Masters have a focus on team dynamics and communication between individuals. The Scrum Master uses reporting and metrics as positive indicators of the team’s capabilities and maturity. Scrum ceremonies are used to facilitate communication between members of the team (Sprint Retrospectives) and between the team and the product stakeholders (Sprint Review). The Scrum Master acts to ensure communication is efficient and participation is broad. The Scrum Master coaches the team in using JIRA and Confluence for managing and documenting development work.
The Scrum Master advocates for proper Agile implementation across Johnson & Johnson Technology Services and works with Product Owners to extend that understanding of Agile to business stakeholders.
This role has an emphasis on Big Data and Business Intelligence services within the Big Data group. This role may span one or more of Teradata, AWS, Cloudera, Tableau, Qlik and related technology platforms software development life cycle deliverables and outcomes. Opportunities to participate in a variety of projects will be available to qualified candidates.
The individual will have delivery-focused responsibilities guiding Big Data and Business Intelligence Build & deployment-focused Application Architects, Data Designers, BI Developers & Testers in the execution and completion of project activities to meet key milestones, quality and budget targets.
- Working with product owners to deliver business value sprint after sprint
- Coaching the team on Agile practices in the context of the Scrum framework
- Guiding the team to self-organize and problem-solve
- Fill in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework with other Agile techniques
- Assessing the maturity of the team and coaching the team greater maturity through openness, respect, and a commitment to continual improvement
- Help the team find a sustainable pace, work with the team on developing useful estimation techniques
- Removing impediments to development. Building trust and open lines of communication so impediments are readily identified
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and circulating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintaining the product backlog
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- A Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of broad experience in software development and technology services is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Broad technical delivery experience is required.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) is preferred. Additional certifications are helpful.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory for BI, Big Data solutions is required
- Good skills and knowledge of servant-leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency is required
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with other Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games is preferred
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team is preferred
- Previous experience as a team lead in BI is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills is required
- Experience working with healthcare technology preferred
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)