Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director HECOR, (CNS)
Requisition ID: 1034170922
Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HECOR), supporting Janssen
CNS, to be located in Titusville, NJ
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
At Janssen CNS, we treat patient as a whole by ensuring that we provide equitable treatments and care for both their physical and mental health.
To get there, we’re focused on developing solutions that prolong and improve patient lives.
The Associate Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HECOR) is responsible for leading outcomes research activities in support of the value proposition for assigned products within the CNS portfolio.
- Contribute to outcomes-based strategies and development of tactics to support the business unit’s market access strategic plan.
- Collaborate with internal and external clinical and outcomes experts to generate rigorous scientific data and plan for its publication and dissemination to support the strategic plan.
- Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of outcomes research studies and quality of models & tools developed for business partners.
- Develop relevant outcomes research budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds.
- Represent HECOR on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as HECOR colleagues, Marketing, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Medical Science Liaisons, Global Market Access, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, and other J&J Operating Companies.
- Design, implement, and directly manage the outcomes research studies and the development of models/tools from concept through publication.
- Clearly articulate key research questions, recommend appropriate research methods, and ensure quality/compliance in internal / external communications including publications, training support of HECOR studies and models & tools developed for the therapeutic area.
- Develop a relevant HECOR budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds.
- Provide input to R&D and Medical Affairs on the development of Phase 2, 3b & IV protocols to measure outcomes endpoints.
- Provide input on the post-hoc analysis of trial data to generate relevant outcomes information.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Operations Research or a related discipline is required.
- A doctorate, PharmD, or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Health Economics and Outcomes Research or a combination of Market Access and Health economics and outcomes research is required.
- Experience in outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product.
- Experience in conducting outcomes research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Experience in the use of common research data sources, designing studies, and interpreting data is required.
- Working knowledge of drug development and the regulatory approval process is preferred.
- Working knowledge of United States health care systems, different health care delivery models, and payment models especially pertaining to mental health, and customers - specifically understanding business models and perspectives of managed care, long term care, and public sector is preferred.
- Understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information is preferred.
- Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation) are required.
- Proven medical writing skills (published papers, posters, and abstracts) is preferred.
- Proven success in influencing without direct authority and working within a matrix organization is strongly preferred.
- This role will be based in Titusville, NJ and may require up to 15% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D