Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Quality Excellence
Requisition ID: 1021181227
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Quality Excellence to be located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Manager, Quality Excellence (QEx) is a key function of the Consumer Make Quality Excellence Governance Model that develops E2E continuous process improvements thru programs (M2W, JJPS, Manufacturing Enabled Innovation among others) and related metrics and reports.
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of Transfer/New Product. Support the identification of product CTQs and process capability during product/process development and site transfers or new product introductions. Provide plant support to include, but not limited to, facilitation of root cause and corrective actions and problem resolution. Participate and/or lead commercialization, continuous improvement and risk management activities acting as a liaison between the Lititz multi-functional departments and Business Quality to stage and make ready the required documentation for new product launches and transfers. Provide Quality oversight support and necessary response to questions on quality in the new product process, during internal and regulatory inspections.
- Liaison to Regional and Global Initiatives related to process excellence and continuous improvements.
- Supports and/or drives E2E Value Chain Management built capabilities and process simplification.
- Provide leadership within the Quality Organization, mentor and develop members of the Quality and Compliance team via initiatives related to J&J Process Excellence initiatives.
- Partner with and leverage the activities of individuals and teams to successfully develop and implement innovative solutions and continuous improvements with demonstrated and measurable business results. Demonstrates proficiency on the use of project management tools.
- Provide metrics (operating benefits, compliance and financial) specific to project identified in the diagnostic phases, and manages identified project until completion and proven sustainability.
- Accountable to delivering results and communicating in a timely fashion.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Accountable to deliver a broad range of safety, quality and customer service metrics at the plant level, through individual and team execution. Develops tactics to ensure successful delivery of goals, securing resources and identifying accountability.
- Identifies, recruits and develops high-performing talent. Ensures a strong pipeline of talent for leadership roles and critical positions. Develops new front-line supervisors. Manages performance of direct reports, and provides input to talent processes for all individuals in the Q&C organization at the plant-level.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical, scientific, or equivalent discipline is required
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a Quality role within a GMP manufacturing environment is required
- Broad and deep working knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug product or Consumer product operating functions of quality and compliance, supply chain, material supply and material handling and control, product manufacturing and product packaging is required.
- An understanding and application of current Good Manufacturing Practices experience (cGMP) and Agency compliance expectations is required.
- Prior experience with regulatory inspections is desirable.
- Experience in project management and applied knowledge of financial and performance metrics is preferred
- Experience in product transfer and/or new product introductions is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is required.
- This position is located in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)