Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry - South San Francisco, CA
Requisition ID: 1017181226
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Principal Scientist in Computational Chemistry located in South San Francisco, CA.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and stabilized lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We strive for partnership, and that has led to numerous breakthroughs. This includes medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every single day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries stand united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives. Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to diversity. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and motivated computational chemist for the position of Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry, at our South San Francisco, CA site. This position will require you to possess and demonstrate deep knowledge and capabilities to deliver differentiated clinical candidates to the Janssen product development pipeline within our Disease and Pathway Area Stronghold (DAS and PAS) strategy. The Principal Scientist will use the tools of computational to generate innovative solutions to challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery projects in partnership with key partners in Therapeutic and Functional Areas.
Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist will include:
- Develop and execute clear computational strategies to design complex molecules and predict their properties using state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute computational chemistry plans.
- Participate in shaping and implementing strategies that support efficient drug discovery Janssen
- Serve as a scientific authority in computational chemistry with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding new targets and emerging external opportunities.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to discovery leadership
- Execution of sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on UNIX-based computer workstations drive decision-making in discovery project teams
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related discipline with 7 years of experience applying computational chemistry in a drug discovery setting is required.
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a consistent track record of key contributions to compound progression is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required.
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment are required.
- Experience in managing project budgets, aligning actions with overall strategy, and supporting business cases for decision-making is preferred.
- Strong background of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at relevant meetings is required.
- Familiarity with standard computational chemistry packages (for example, Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, and/OR OpenEye tools) is required.
- This position is located at our office site in South San Francisco, CA, and requires up to 20% travel both domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)