Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Supervisor, Orthopedics Field Logistics
Materials Management & Distribution
Requisition ID: 1016180509
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company, is currently recruiting for a Senior Supervisor, Orthopedics Field Logistics, located in Richmond, VA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing superior, specialized customer service and support to internal and external business partners at DePuy Synthes franchises (e.g., DePuy Synthes sales consultants, sales operations and supply chain team members, etc.), in a professional, timely and self-directed manner. You will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of four (4) sites. You will be responsible for developing an internal organization of 5 - 10 associates who perform customer service and warehousing/distribution. You will maintain full knowledge of each operating company’s policies and procedures. Our ideal candidate will possess high-level multi-tasking and organizational skills, along with the ability to provide strong leadership.
• Design and execute strategies for the effective distribution and warehousing of Orthopaedics sets including but not limited to the cleaning, repairing, assembling of sets to meet field demands
• Drive continuous improvement plans to reduce inventory and improve operating costs
• Improve instrument and implant inventory deployment utilization through the development of required policies and technologies
• Manage four (4) sites, including accountability for developing an internal organization of 5-10 associates
• Conduct training of new resources and cross training for current team members
• Foster relationships with Supply Chain, Field Audit/Inventory, and Sales (Commercial Ops.) to deliver Franchise business results
• Liaise between Depuy Synthes Commercial Operations and the Sales Force to ensure successful new product launches
• Provide Project support for implementation of process improvements
• Communicate in all directions to keep coordinators, peers, and Management informed of project status, process changes, and opportunities
• Provide leadership to the team in support of business initiatives
• Adhere to quality controls processes and service quality guidelines
• Think and communicate cross-functionally to investigate, research, and resolve all exceptions and adjustments promptly and accurately including any necessary coordination with other internal departments and all required customer follow-up in a self-directed manner
• Remain current with and apply internal and operating companies’ policies & procedures
• Interact internally with the sales force and management, commercial partners, regional supply chain leaders, Quality, logistics partners, CLS employees, support functions (HR, IT, Finance), Worldwide Transportation, etc.
• Interact externally with J&J Affiliates, industry partners, and third-party transportation vendors
• Address more complex issues, make recommendations, and escalate to management as needed
• Write, review, and modify SOPs, WIs, Job Aids, and other documents as necessary
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required
• Minimum of six (6) years’ related experience is required
• Requires experience in Distribution, Operations, Supply Chain, and/or Logistics
• Experience with Loaner Kit or Consignment program is preferred
• Work experience within a highly regulated environment (e.g., FDA or GMP) is required
• Medical Device industry strongly preferred
• People management/leadership experience is required
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
• LEAN, Six Sigma, or Process Excellence experience, training, or certification preferred
• Project management experience or certification is a plus
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) required
• Knowledge of ERP or Warehouse Management Systems preferred
• Experience with PRMS / AS400 is helpful
• Requires ability and willingness to work in Richmond, VA, with up to 10% domestic travel
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Materials Management & Distribution