Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Creative Brand Strategist, Insights & User Experience
Requisition ID: 0995181224
J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Creative Brand Strategist, Insights & User Experience to be located in New York, NY.
As the internal design studio for Johnson & Johnson, J&J Design (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device and Corporate. We collaborate with our business partners, driving transformational innovation with our use of design thinking. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
Our intense focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to blend heart, science and ingenuity that profoundly changes the trajectory of human health. Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JJD recognizes that significant changes in the marketplace demand a new perspective on branding – elevating clarity, authenticity, agility, empathy and future-forward thinking in our creation of strategic deliverables that include Brand Architecture, Portfolio Strategy, Vision + Purpose, Value Proposition, Brand Positioning + Personality and Brand Language (Naming + Claims).
In this role, you’ll collaborate with a diverse team of talented creatives and strategists to develop programs across all levels of the Enterprise. Within our Consumer franchises you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most iconic brands, including: Band-Aid®, Listerine®, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Tylenol® and Acuvue®.
As the Senior Manager, Creative Brand Strategist, you will help craft and unify the brand experience across multiple touchpoints, including packaging, digital context, structures and environments.
You understand universal truths of human behavior, emerging trends and the changing marketplace dynamics that impact how, what and why people engage with brands. You are curious, imaginative and logical, always eager to discover, synthesize and build. You respect the past but anticipate the future by drawing from the traditional marketing playbook as well as the divergent tools of design thinking. You are agile and future-casting.
You possess a rare blend of analytic rigor and fearless creativity – with the ability to cultivate meaningful insights that inspire and inform. Possessing a real passion for brands, you have a deep compassion for a wide range of partners and an inherent ability to synthesize disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, strategies and designs.
You are a self-starter and a versatile leader who can represent JJD on a cross-functional team, guiding them to deliver intelligent, people-centered solutions.
- Infuse traditional brand strategy skills with Design Thinking and evocative storytelling to translate complex business challenges into engaging strategies that inform and inspire
- Define key foundational truths and new opportunity areas through data mining and thin-slicing vast amounts of existing materials, in conjunction with fresh insights and observations
- Identify existing and emerging trends to inform creative and strategic opportunity areas
- Drive insights into strategies that enable the creation of relevant brand expressions and experiences
- Develop and lead strong cross-functional partnerships and manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Adept at managing and developing people, projects and influencing desired outcomes. Trust-builder even when confronted with dissenting viewpoints
- Understand the evolving role of the brand and related experiences in digital age
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, graduate degree desired
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of brand strategy experience is required
- Clear, concise writing, synthesis, speaking, and presentation skills are required
- Ability to inspire, persuade, grow and lead project teams both large and small is required
- Experience working in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity successfully, e.g., work experience with complex projects where you are able to show your role and impact
- Demonstrated skills at building business partnerships at all levels of the organization including sensitivity to different cultures and interests
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office
- Experience in naming development is a plus
- Portfolio link MUST be included with resume to be considered for the position. Portfolio should exhibit creative brand strategy, cohesive brand stories and thought processes.
Role/job description may be subject to change in an evolving organization. This position is based in New York City and might include travel up to 10%.
United States-New York-New York-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)