Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Business Technology Leader Global R&D Platform Design
Requisition ID: 0962180830
Johnson & Johnson Consumer IT is recruiting for an IT Lead , Business Technology Leader Global R&D Platform Design in Information Technology to drive initiatives for the R&D IT organization. The key focus is on delivering strategic and innovative solutions to the business while assisting in managing the overall demand and prioritization.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Partner with the business partners to manage the overall IT demand & continously manage business partner expectations.
• IT Lead, in planning, influencing, shaping & defining the overall IT strategic direction in support of the R&D Operating Platform
• Conduct Human Contextual Design Research activities and interact with offshore design resources to drive future design of work and user experience across the R&D Operating Platform (RDOP)
• Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams, and extended business partners
• Understand and define business drivers, requirements definition, design gap analysis, prototyping, execution and deployment activities
• Function as a technical application owner (TAO) for the existing technologies and applications that support this function and ensure business partners are aware of new and emerging technologies in the Open Innovation, Business Development, Business Process Management, and UX/Digital Design
• Conduct research on current / future technologies, processes and best practices, benchmark with other internal J&J companies and external partners, and determine application of new technologies in the Consumer Companies R&D organization
• Lead projects of medium complexity, and act as Liaison between the various IT organizations to ensure successful delivery of initiatives to the business partners
• Lead efforts to standardize processes and technologies globally
• Champion the change management efforts of IT initiatives with the business partner community
• Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations
• Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners
• Perform analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance activities
• Actively participate as core team member for key business/IT initiatives
• Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan
• Provide coaching/guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or consultants
• Consistently demonstrate knowledge seeking and sharing behaviors across IT organizational boundaries in the performance of daily work and encourage junior associates to do the same
• Apply principles, concepts, and practices of the J&J Leadership Imperatives
• Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies
• Ensure that security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required
• A minimum of 6 years of IT experience is required
• Hands-on experience supporting R&D groups is preferred
• Hands-on disciplined project management skills are required
• Hands-on experience with User Experience (Wireframing, Prototyping, etc) is required
• Hands-on experience in one or more of the following Cloud / SAAS / Mobile models is required
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following webMethods / IMDG / BPM is required
• Experience with Design Thinking methodologies and Human Contextual Design Research is highly preferred
• A demonstrated working knowledge of core application development principles and J&J SDLC methodology is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment is preferred
• Experience implementing global process/systems is preferred
•This position is located in Skillman, NJ and requires up to 10% domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)