Johnson & Johnson Careers
Area Vice President: MidSouth US - DePuy Synthes
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 0935181224
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an Area Vice President to lead the Mid-Southern US. This leader can be based in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana or Tennessee.
DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The AVP is accountable for leading the overall management of sales strategies, activities, operations, Distributor relationships and budgets associated with driving sales for the organization. The AVP is responsible for the DePuy Synthes Medical Device Portfolio, which includes Trauma, CMF, Joint Reconstruction, Power Tools, and Mitek Sport Medicine. As part of this dynamic team with world-class orthopedic products, you would lead sales activities that would result in customer and patient satisfaction while exceeding the sales goals and objectives.
Position duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and execute powerful selling strategies and strategic sales plans, which will help achieve overall DePuy Synthes sales goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate product and procedural knowledge; clinical and procedural excellence, product expertise, and new product introduction experience.
- Develop, coach, lead, and engage Regional Managers to provide value and leadership to the sales force through excellent stakeholder engagement; which includes communicating, influencing, and providing comprehensive solutions.
- Possess and exhibit vast understanding of the changing market dynamics in healthcare, and understand the responsibility and requirements on the organization to continue to compete as viable player which would include market knowledge of Health Economics and Industry Trends, Customer Segmentation, customer data knowledge and buying process.
- Lead a portfolio of products, responsible for sales, growth and income targets to improve gross profits, profitability, asset management, and budget management.
- Collaborate with Finance, Commercial Operations, FAM, and Corporate Accounts to measure and monitor the execution of the go to market models and pricing strategies.
- Establish relationships with key surgeons; work to leverage potential sales opportunities through learning centers and maximize opportunities available through DePuy Synthes and JnJ Medical Device solutions to drive collaboration.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times
- Promote and nurture the highest integrity, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives, programs, trainings, and activities.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to DePuy’s business activities and Policies and Procedures of the Health Care Compliance Program and Johnson & Johnson Business Code of Conduct.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required; Business/Marketing/Finance degree preferred.
- MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of medical sales experience required paired with a minimum of 5 years of sales management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience. Sales management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead and manage through change and strong leadership principles behavior alignment: Connect Shape, Lead, and Deliver.
- Track record of success working within a matrix organizational environment and enterprise mindset decision-making.
- Excellent understanding of Customer, Business Intelligence and Industry trends.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and project management along with documented sales achievement(s) are required.
- Strong Business & Financial Acumen in understanding the needs and priorities of the broader business with a penchant for understanding the use of metrics/numbers to gauge overall performance.
- Demonstrated track record as a Talent Champion in coaching, developing, retention, acquiring and building a diverse pipeline of future talent.
- Stakeholder engagement; which includes communicating, influencing, and providing comprehensive solutions
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required
- The ability to travel 30% - 50%, which may include overnight and weekend travel.
- Individuals need to live in the current geography or be willing to relocate
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)