Johnson & Johnson Careers
Finance Manager, J&J Innovation
Requisition ID: 0932180828
The Johnson & Johnson Innovation Centers, part of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to be located in Cambridge, MA.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJI) has opened Innovation Centers (ICs) in California (Menlo Park), Cambridge/Boston, London, and Shanghai (www.jnjinnovation.com). The ICs constitute a platform from which Johnson & Johnson identifies, catalyzes, contributes to, and accesses the most promising medical innovations at the leading life sciences companies and universities across the globe. Johnson & Johnson’s goal is to build a pipeline of innovative products that will benefit patients and will augment long-term corporate growth. Operating within major hubs of innovation allows Johnson & Johnson the opportunity to access technologies earlier and to help translate them into products for patients by contributing financial, intellectual, and human capital. The leading diversified healthcare company in the world, Johnson & Johnson seeks external innovation across a broad range of sectors including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, consumer healthcare, and digital health
The Finance Manager will support the Cambridge Innovation Center through support of early stage business development analytics and transactions to drive value creation. He/She will partner with R&D organizations across the J&J sectors, manage the Innovation Center operating budget and work across the JJI organization to deliver process improvements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide financial and strategic support for early stage deal transactions at the Boston Innovation center through analytics and a robust knowledge of the industry
- Guide deal terms and structure through use of analytics and knowledge of external deal comparables
- Provide accounting guidance to deal teams and ensure appropriate governance and compliance documents are in place
- Collaborate closely with R&D finance across the Enterprise for on-going projects
- Responsible for portfolio value creation analytics across JJI including building out improvements in the process, obtaining information from each Innovation Center and JJDC to develop the reporting package and providing semi-annual value creation metrics to JJI and GEI leadership
- Coordination of the monthly GEI SLT deal reviews by working across the IC’s to obtain their list of deals to review, collecting deal templates and reviewing for accuracy, updating the JJI deal BVA, compiling and submitting the monthly deal review package for review with the GEI SLT
- Manage the operating budget for the Boston Innovation Center including all forecast cycles, budget vs actual reporting and providing IC leadership with updates and guidance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in finance or accounting.
- Practical experience in business development finance, banking, or corporate finance role and strong financial modeling experience is preferred.
- CPA, CMA, MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience in finance or accounting is required.
- Strong technical modeling skills in Microsoft Excel, strong financial analysis, system skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, General Ledger, etc.) and the ability to pick up new systems quickly are required.
- The ability to create and deliver PowerPoint presentations to various levels of the organization, including leadership is preferred.
- Effective communication, presentation, influencing, leadership and negotiating skills are required.
- Ability to maintain and improve consistent and sound business processes in a dynamic, cross-cultural environment is required.
- Practical experience with deal or evaluation is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel and based in Cambridge, MA.
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)