Johnson & Johnson Careers
Foundry Operator I (1st Shift)
Requisition ID: 0928180828
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Foundry Operator I – 1st Shift, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is the Joint Reconstruction business offering orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip, knee and extremity reconstruction, in addition to cement and operating room products.
In the Foundry Operator I role, you will be responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications. On a day to day basis, we perform basic setups, use manual grinding tools, sandblasting; we operate wax injection presses, grinding and abrasive cutoff machines. You'll work to meet established dimensional requirements according to blueprints and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). We're accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines. In this role, you'll operate production equipment to produce sub-assemblies or finished products. It will also be your responsibility to perform visual and dimensional product inspection using drop indicators, venires, gauges and related equipment. You'll take responsibility in assisting with quality control inspections of products on assembly line. And, as a dedicated team member, you'll be counted on to clean equipment as needed, notify your supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed, prepare accurate records/documentation related to work in progress, and report production problems that come up.
The standard schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, machining precise finished products is required; 2 years preferred.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment experience is preferred.
- Previous exposure to working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes is preferred.
- Experience operating a Pour Robot and working with molten metal is preferred.
- Flexibility in times of change during a Lean process transformation is required.
- At least one year operating wax injection presses, automatic grinders and/ or cutoff machines is required.
- Basic mechanical skills are preferred.
- Experience with routine machine inspection is preferred.
- Experience with measuring devices is preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerance dimensions preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Both team and independent work is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak) in English is required.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals is preferred.
- The ability to perform and record measurements with drop indicators, venires and gauges is required.
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 80% of the time is required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unaided is required.
- This position supports 1st Shift (6:00 AM – 2:00 PM., Monday through Friday). Shift can be subject to change based on business need. The ability to work overtime and holidays is required dependent on business need.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)