Johnson & Johnson Careers
Therapy Access Manager- Orlando, FL- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Actelion)
Requisition ID: 0924190731
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Actelion), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Therapy Access Manager- Orlando, FL.
Janssen is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticals.com to learn more about J&J and our products.
The Therapy Access Manager (TAM) is responsible for serving as the primary field-based lead for education, assistance, and issue resolution with healthcare providers (HCPs), and their office staff, with respect to patient access to Actelion therapies. This role involves investing significant time (up to 75%) on-site with HCPs assessing their education needs and facilitating collaboration with various stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Equip HCPs and their staff, through education, to navigate the access and payer approval process, identify access barriers that the HCP must act to overcome, and highlight HCP actions that support access to therapy. Develop and execute an education plan consisting of prioritized activities to best educate the HCPs in territory.
- Monitor, analyze, and triage situations which may adversely impact patient access to therapy.
- Liaise with entire Market Access department, other internal groups including sales, and medical groups, and HCPs to identify and resolve trending issues regarding patient access to therapies.
- Educate HCPs regarding the access and payer approval process for Actelion therapies.
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal stakeholders and external HCPs regarding education on Medicare treatment guidelines, Medicaid Managed Care, commercial plans, PBM designs, policy changes, formulary status and the impact of healthcare reform on PAH coverage. Maintain and share relevant information regarding account contacts, prior authorization requirements, trends, competitive intelligence, etc. with the Market Access Department.
- Educate peers in the Customer Care Area about various elements of Market Access, including reimbursement, medical coverage policies and medical versus pharmacy benefit designs.
- Execute business in accordance with the highest ethical, legal, and compliance standards, including timely and successful completion of all required training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years relevant experience of which three years are experience in specialty disease state(s)
- Must live within assigned geographic region
- Advanced degree, or clinical license preferred
- Five years of specialty disease state experience
- Two years of reimbursement or relevant managed care experience
- Experience in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) or related areas of cardiology and/or pulmonology
- Experience and prior interaction with payer decision makers
- Proven ability to thrive in both an independent setting and in a cross functional / team environment.
- Strong clinical knowledge as it relates to payer approval process, and solid business acumen.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Understanding of national and state legislative, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer initiatives affecting reimbursement of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
- Excellent technical knowledge and expertise in payer policy, including all elements of reimbursement (coding, coverage and payment) is preferred.
- Success exhibiting peer leadership, mentorship and coaching to new hires as well as the rest of the team.
- Demonstrated competence with salesforce.com CRM use, native iOS app use, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent follow through
- Ability to develop and execute education plans
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)