Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0923180126
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Instrument Mechanic located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Instrument Mechanic will be responsible for calibrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing mechanical, pneumatic and electronic process instrumentation.
• Work in a highly regulated environment, calibrating instrumentation systems utilized by Production and Research & Development (R&D) equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality.
• Complete documentation accurately to maintain traceability for all devices and enter all calibration/maintenance activities according to regulatory requirements to ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Quality System Regulation (QSR) compliance.
• Interact with Production and R&D departments to perform calibrations by due dates.
• This craft employee will cross craft lines, as assigned by the Company, and is expected to perform the work of multiple functions.
• A minimum of an Associate’s Degree, approved vocational, technical or apprenticeship training is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of process and/or analytical instrumentation experience is required.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) or Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) certification, preferred.
• Knowledge of control theory and metrology basics, required.
• Prior experience in a GMP, GLP, ISO, QSR or other regulated industry is a plus.
• Experience with calibration software (e.g. Maximo), preferred.
• Basic computer skills are required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
• Must be a team player and have strong communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to work with minimal technical supervision, to interact and communicate effectively with other functional professionals (i.e. R&D, Production, Engineering) at all levels.
This position requires a daily commute to Somerville, NJ for the 1st Shift working hours of Monday - Friday 7AM – 3:30 PM with the ability to work overtime, off-shift hours and weekend, as needed by business.
This position pays $31.71/hour and is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)