Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., is hiring a Project Manager, Global Portfolio & Project Management (GPPM) – Beauty, to be located in Skillman or New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project Manager, Global Portfolio & Program Management (GPPM) – Beauty will be accountable to lead cross-functional Global Programs and project teams with high project complexity in a highly matrixed environment from project approval through launch to market.
At the project level, The Project Manager, GPPM – Beauty will
1. Serve as the “go-to” person for Senior Management Sponsors and other cross-functional business partners for assigned Global Projects.
2. Leads the development of the end to end Global Project Plan through a comprehensive understanding of what is required to execute at the Global, Region and Market level.
3. Proactively leads Global Project risk assessments incorporating Regional project risks in all stages of JNJ’s Stage Gate Process (SPEED). Develops required mitigation and contingency plans.
4. Leads project teams in the development of Global timelines, manages the day-to-day execution of projects and leads preparation of and delivery of Global NPD Stage Gates. He/she will provide strategic leadership to the project team by articulating the global plan through a high-level understanding of what it takes to develop globally and execute regionally.
5. Identifies and effectively communicates “Trigger Events” – any unanticipated project events that impact the business case and/or timing- to senior leaders in a timely manner along with the recommended path forward and any applicable alternatives.
6. Proactively provides alternative analysis to identify acceleration opportunities and/or opportunities to strengthen the business proposition.
7. Works closely with GFO leads to ensure global project objectives and key milestones are being achieved throughout via leadership of regular Global Core Team meetings and participation in regional project team meetings as appropriate.
8. Partners with Region Project Managers to execute the Global Project Plan end to end. Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, with an advanced degree (MBA, MS, or equivalent university degree) preferred.
• A minimum 7 years of related experience is required, preferably with a minimum of 5 years of experience leading cross-functional teams.
• A minimum of 2 years managing and developing people in a remote, matrix team environment is preferred.
• Experience in the Consumer Products industry is preferred.
• Cross-functional experience across R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain, Marketing and/or Finance is preferred.
• Experience launching new products in a GMP and/or ISO regulated environment (e.g. Medical Device and Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical or Consumer Product) is preferred.
• A solid understanding of the New Product Development Process is preferred.
• Experience managing a portfolio of projects using Microsoft Project is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, including training and/or certifications is preferred.
• Project Management Training and/or a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
• This candidate will be located in Skillman or New Brunswick, NJ and will require up to 15% domestic and international travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
New Product Intro-Life Cycle MgmtRequisition ID